Thursday, October 31, 2013

WED., OCT 30 & THUR., OCT 31, 2013



October 30, 2013, Wednesday.  I went to the NH about 5 PM. The birdfeeder was full and rain is coming. I went inside and Mom was in her room on her bed watching TV, DVD of American in Paris, blinds open, O2 on but cannula out of place.  There was a Sheriff’s car pulling out when I came in and there was a lot of commotion. I don’t know what was going on. I went to get Mom’s food and I was told I would have to wait until all the trays were out and they would bring the tray to her room. Yvonne came with a student, Monica, and they got Mom into her chair. She had refused me but she likes a lot of attention. We did some personal care and I put her feet on the bed. She did some toe curls and I drew her picture. At 6:10 I went again to get food for Mom but they had quit serving so I got C.N.A. to assist me getting Mom to the car and we went to What A Burger. Mom ate a chicken strip with gravy.  We watched the birds and the traffic. Mom asked “Where are they going so fast?” We returned to the NH and Mom refused to get of the car then it thundered and she got right out and into her wheelchair which I had retrieved from the big TV room. Mom’s Wander Guard did not set off any alarms today. Mom complained of it being too tight and I have to agree. I told Nurse Linda and Yvonne. Nurse Linda said she would cut it off. I assisted Yvonne getting Mom into bed. I cleaned Mom’s teeth and gave Mom and Tina candy. I left about 7:15 PM. 
October 31, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:35 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. There were a lot of decorations and costumes on the unit. Mom was on her bed, O2 on but cannula out of place, DVD on, sound down. A C.N.A. brought Tina her tray and asked if Mom was getting up. I said yes and then got Mom into her chair. We did some personal care, channel surfed and watched the birds. I went to get a tray for her but the food wasn’t out yet. I returned to Mom’s room, then a C.N.A. brought Mom’s food. She ate all of the potato puree stuff, about 5 bites of spaghetti and one of the cookies. I noticed that her Wander Guard has been removed. Then we went for a walk in the parking lot. Mom propelled herself more than half the way and did well controlling her chair. We returned to her room. I gave Mom a chocolate and a sugarless candy to Tina. I cleaned Mom’s teeth and helped her onto her bed. I put the DVD back on, sound up, put her O2 on and lap blanket over her legs. I left about 6:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment