Thursday, October 3, 2013

WED., OCTOBER 2 & THURS., OCTOBER 3, 2013



October 2, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open, washed the sidewalk and watered the grass. There was some seed in the feeder and the grass was damp. Riley told me earlier today that he was going to visit. I forgot to sign the book again. When I went to Mom’s room, Nurse Ben was sitting with her and said that Mom had finished eating. He said she ate well, about half her food. Nurse Ben is a lovely gentle man and was enjoying the DVD of the Bird Migrations with Mom. Mom and I hung up the clean clothes I brought. She can hang up the clothes if I shake them out and give them to her right side up. I gave Mom some leftover cookies and she ate about three, refusing the last one. I took her teeth, cleaned them. We watched the birds out the window and the DVD. We did some personal care then I called for assistance. I got Mom into her bed and a C.N.A. came just as she was getting settled. She didn’t need changing. I gave Mom and Tina some candy then left about 6:30 PM.
October 3, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. There was a lot of seed, blinds open, but I added some more seed plus washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. Mom was in her bed, O2 on and her tray was on her table. I turned off the DVD and set up Mom in her w/c with her back towards the TV and turned off her O2. Tina said that Mom did not go to Bingo today. From her account it sounds like they were short on volunteers, today but I’m not sure about that. There were fresh flowers in her room and a banana peel in the garbage so Carl must have come. I could not find the sign in book nor her hand sanitizer. There were some additional condiments in a plastic container. Mom used a lot of ketchup but ate with a good appetite at finished at least half her food.  I returned Tina’s and Mom’s trays to the dining room then gave Mom and Tina candy. Tonight there was a small bright yellow bird with a green belly in addition to the usual population. It looks like a canary or parakeet. We did some personal care and I assisted Mom onto her bed. I cleaned her teeth and glasses. We channel surfed then I changed the DVD to Opera tonight. I left about 6:45 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment