Saturday, November 2, 2013

FRIDAY, NOV. 1 & SAT., NOV. 2, 2013



November 1, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. There was still a lot of seed in the bird feeders but I added some, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room. We went to her room and Ben had Mom’s tray ready for her. I opened the blinds and set Mom up to eat, turned off the TV. She ate well tonight, especially the green beans, the roll and some of the rice dish with ketchup, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper added. She ate a cookie from yesterday and some of the pineapple. Then we went for a walk outside. She set off the alarms tonight. The Wander Guard is on her chair now, not on her arm. She propelled herself about half of the time. We went to the back of the lot then back inside. I gave Mom a chocolate and Tina a caramel. I cleaned Mom’s teeth then went through the DVDs. The Little Mermaid is missing. I couldn’t find it tonight so I put on Easter Parade. Ben came and got the trays and said he would return to put Mom in bed. I got Mom into her night gown and mostly into bed when Ben returned and got her positioned in bed. I forgot to put her O2 on. Mom was alert and in a good humor today.
November 2, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. The bird feeders were full, blinds closed. Mom was sitting in her wheelchair in her room. I looked for a tray for her but there was none in the hall cart and the staff in the dining room said I would have to wait until all are served. The last time I did that, Mom never got food and we went to What A Burger. A resident, Ms Harris had a spilled glass of water in front of her and was slid down in her chair, all catawampus. A C.N.A. went for assistance and I stayed with Ms Harris. Two C.N.A.s were getting her right in the chair. Later when I returned there were more people struggling to assist Ms Harris. I spoke to a C.N.A. and she found the Nurse. Nurse Linda talked to me then got Dennis the Med. Nurse to go to the kitchen and get a tray for Mom. Mom & I hung up the clean clothes I brought. There were fresh flowers and Carl had signed in this afternoon about 3:30. Dennis brought Mom a tray. Mom did not eat well and was grouchy with me today. She ate some soup & mashed potatoes and some of the fruit. She wanted to go for a ride in a car. Tina said that Mom had asked her earlier to go get her car and take her for a ride. (Tina doesn’t have a car.)Nurse Linda said that Mom had finished her antibiotic. Dennis brought her meds (Mucinex?). I took the tray back to the dining room. We channel surfed, watched the birds, did some personal care and I rang for assistance to put Mom to bed but help never came. I got Mom into bed and she was sopping wet so I changed her too. I cleaned her teeth, put the DVD back on and put her O2 on. I gave Mom & Tina candy and left about 6:50 PM with dirty clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment