Tuesday, October 1, 2013

MONDAY, SEPT. 30, & TUESDAY, OCT. 1, 2013



September 30, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 5:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, watered the grass, hosed off the sidewalk. I couldn’t find Mom. She was in dining room III (the Great Room) with her tray eating her cake on her tray. Isabella (a resident) was keeping an eye on her. I took her tray to her room then went back for Mom. Mom did not have her glasses nor her teeth. I turned her table facing the head of the bed instead of towards the TV (off) so she would be less distracted by Tina’s TV.  Mom ate the rice and peas pretty well but the roast chicken was really dry. All the meat at the NH seems to be very dry. How do they do that? We watched the birds and channel surfed some. I took Tina’s and Mom’s trays to the dining room then pushed the button for assistance to get Mom in bed. C.N.A. Yahoo came and we got Mom changed and in bed. Nurse Linda came to give Meds to Tina and we talked about getting Mom recertified with Hospice. Nurse Linda talked about how great it is to have Hospice, an extra pair of eyes since they are so short staffed. Only Yahoo was on our wing tonight. Yahoo is from Congo and speaks a French patoi.  I put on the Little Mermaid DVD and left about 7 PM.
I got the bill from RNC Saturday for October and it makes no sense to me. It says that RNC owes Mom $131.47. If this is so then Mom will lose her Medicaid then we will owe RNC over $6,000.00. I have to talk to the RNC accountant, Candy Sandlin.
October 1, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 5:20 PM. I fed the birds, the blinds half open, washed the sidewalk and watered the grass. I forgot to sign the book in Mom’s room. Franca brought Mom from the dining room and Mom’s tray was in her room. Tina was already in bed. The birds did a grand display tonight, 10 parrots. Mom ate over half her vegetable soup and the egg salad off the bread in her sandwich. The other soup was peculiar. She ate one of the cookies and declared she was full. Mom’s bedspread stank and I pulled it off and put her bedspread plus one of the lap blankets on her. Franca came and helped Mom to bed and changed her. Franca was hurried and seemed frazzled. Mom got some kind of sinus medicine from a Med nurse also. I took her tray back to the dining room, gave Mom and Tina candy. We channel surfed some and brushed Mom’s hair. Tucked her in and changed the DVD to bird Migration. I left about 7 PM. Mom was having a lot of difficulty understanding speech tonight. There was evidence that she had participated in activities this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment