Sunday, October 27, 2013

SAT., OCT. 26 & SUNDAY, OCT. 27, 2013



October 26, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 5:10 PM. The birdfeeders were full. Mom was in the dining room. When I greeted her, she addressed me by name and I accompanied her to her room. We hung up some clean clothes I brought then I returned to the dining room for a tray for Mom. Mom ate all of the cottage cheese, some of the pineapple I brought and a few bites of the beef stew and the apricots. There was a banana peel in the garbage can, fresh flowers and Carl had signed in 1:30 PM – 2. I cleaned Mom’s teeth and gave Mom and Tina candy then helped Mom into bed without changing her clothes. We channel surfed some then went back to the DVD. I only saw one parrot at the feeder tonight but we watched the birds and squirrels just the same. I put the O2 on her then left about 6:50 PM. Mom was in a good humor for the most part tonight.
Dr. Quinn called today and said that he would be in the building tomorrow after 10 AM.
October 27, 2013, Sunday. Nurse Diane called about 10 AM to say Dr. Quinn was here. I went to NH about 10:15 AM. I put feed in the flat bird feeder. I saw Mom sleeping, O2 on, no teeth. I told Nurse about teeth then met with Dr. Quinn. I left about 11 AM.  
LATER: I went back to NH about 5 PM. I added some seed to the flat feeder. There was a parade of children and adults in costumes in the hallways, giving gifts to residents. Mom was in her room in her chair so I took her around to see the children. She got some Halloween stickers, an orange and socks and was delighted to see the parade. Mom immediately started peeling the orange and did a good job of it. Tina gave Mom a banana and Mom started in on the fruit.  Tina’s tray was in the room but not Mom’s. Her tray was not on the cart for room dinners either. The C.N.A. said she would bring it. Riley came at about 5:15 PM and we went together to search for a tray for Mom but no luck. We returned to Mom’s room and watched the birds then the tray came. I showed Riley about feeding Mom, where the condiments are kept and I searched for her straws but did not find them. The C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray and suggested I talk to someone in charge about the dinner tray orders. Mom ate pretty well and Riley helped. Mom really enjoys Riley. Riley left and Mom finished most of the soup, half of the jello, and the ground chicken mixture on her sandwich (not the bread). I gave Tina and Mom some candy and Tina gave Mom some cookies. I returned the tray to the dining room then we channel surfed some and I assisted Mom into her nightgown and into bed. I left about 7 PM. with teeth cleaned and in container, O2 on and glasses on. Mom was alert and in a good humor tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment