Friday, October 25, 2013

WED., OCT. 23, THURS., OCT. 24 & FRI., OCT. 25, 2013



October 23, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds and noticed that the birds are frequenting the NH’s feeder also. Mom was resting on her bed. Yvonne brought her tray. Mom did not eat well tonight but her cough sounded better, looser. We watched the birds and channel surfed some. We hung up some clean clothes that I brought and Mom did pretty good with problem solving. As I assisted her back onto the bed I noticed that she was sopping wet. Yvonne came and I assisted her in changing Mom and getting her into bed, under the covers. I noticed some ants on the wainscoting so put more bay leaf in her drawers. Mom was in a better humor tonight than she has been for several days. I put the TV back on the DVD and left about 6:30 PM.
October 24, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed.  Mom was in bed, asleep, O2 on, teeth in, glasses on. I opened the blinds and Mom awoke. I asked which mask for her room then I put the other on her door. I got Mom up, into her chair. We channel surfed and watched the birds & I brushed her hair, got her hat & scarf and lap blanket on then went to Nail Spa. Mom chose glittery red today. We did her nails then I brought her back to her room. I saw Sam the Social worker. She said she left the phone number on my voice machine. I told nurse in charge that I would NOT be there to feed Mom tonight. I accompanied Mom to her room and helped her back into bed. I put the TV on the Fred & Ginger DVD and left her with O2 on about 11:10 AM.
October 25, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. The birdfeeder was mostly full but I put a little more on the flat feeder, blinds closed. Riley had been there about 1:30 PM or so. Mom was in her wheelchair facing away from the TV, sound down, wet hair, no hat (cold in that room) and clothes were strewn around and a big wet spot on the floor. Mom had on stranger pants. No trays in the room. Mom & I hung up the clean clothes I brought. She did pretty well, seemed alert. Tina said she had not seen Mom at activities today. I went to look for trays about 5:20 PM and saw C.N.A. Gus in hallway and he said he would bring trays but came with only Tina’s. He said Unit Mgr. said Mom eats in dining room and I said “not when I’m here.” He said he could not tell Mgr. that so I went to dining room to get Mom’s food and there is something going on. Reorganization?? All the residents had name tags in large lettering. There were place names for the residents, written large and there were many staff in the room. I picked up Mom’s place name and went to the servers and got a tray for Mom. Mom ate all of the mystery puree (potatoes?), none of the “chili” and some of the salad. I brought fresh pineapple and she ate about half of that plus some of the canned peaches on her tray. I returned Mom & Tina’s trays to the dining room then assisted Mom into bed. I cleaned her teeth and gave Mom and Tina candy. We bird watched some and channel surfed then I put on a “new” DVD of Fred A and Rita Hayworth. I left with dirty clothes about 6:40 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment