Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MON. OCT. 28 & TUES., OCT. 29, 2013,



October 28, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV with sweater draped over the back of her chair. I helped her on with her sweater then accompanied her to her room. We stopped and I spoke to Nurse Diane about Mom’s tray. The NH will plan for Mom to eat in the dining room. If I come then I can get a tray for her and take her to her room. This ensures Mom gets fed and does NOT get left in her room unattended. We went to Mom’s room and channel surfed and watched the birds. We did some personal care then I went to get her tray. She did not eat well tonight but she ate all of the ginger bread cake. A C.N.A. came and got Tina’s and Mom’s trays then another Nurse came and gave Mom meds. I assisted Mom put on her nightgown and get into bed. Mom complained of her sock being too tight on her L foot so I pulled her sock off. Her foot was very purple with a swollen lump across the top of her toes. I changed her socks to loose socks.  I put the pillow under her feet to extra elevate. I gave Mom and Tina candy. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, tucked her in and put the TV on DVD. I left about 7 PM.
October 29, 2013, Tuesday. I emailed Nurse Regina from Hospice about Mom's foot and she responded knowledgeably about the situation. It has to do with Mom's poor circulation. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the dining room. We went to her room and I set her up for supper. I returned to the dining room for her Tray and Nurse Jim said I had to wait until all the trays were out. They usually don’t get all the residents served until about 6 PM so I returned to Mom’s room so as not to leave her alone. We hung up clean clothes that I brought and Nurse Linda came in and said she would get Mom’s supper and she did. I’m glad because Mom eats very slowly and if we had to wait until after 6, it would be late for Mom. She was already saying that she wanted to go to bed. Mom ate pretty well, especially the soup but not the egg salad and she ate only one of the cookies. I put on a new DVD and we channel surfed. Mom spit out her teeth into her napkin so I got her teeth and cleaned them then left Mom watching the birds and TV and returned the tray to the dining room. I assisted Mom into her pajamas, into bed, put her O2 on and tucked her in. I gave Mom and Tina a candy each. I left about 6:50 PM. I think I need to change my strategy about timing for Mom’s tray or discontinue this experiment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment