Thursday, October 10, 2013

THURSDAY, OCT. 10, 2013 - ANOTHER FALL



October 10, 2013, Thursday. Nurse Diane called about 9:10 AM to say that Mom fell last night about 10:40 PM. The night nurse heard Mom calling and found Mom on the floor on her back. Mom said that she was picking something up. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I stopped by the office to exchange checks but I didn’t have a new Trust check in the check book and Ms Sandlin wasn’t in so we didn’t do it. I talked to Nurse Diane about Mom’s fall and about her continued weight loss then went to Mom’s room. She was sleeping with O2 on, glasses on, teeth in and sound down on TV. I opened the blinds and Mom awoke. I tried to get her up to go to Nail Spa activity but she complained of dizziness and did not want to get out of bed, seriously. Her wounds on Right leg, left arm were bandaged with clear coverings. I cleaned her glasses, turned up the sound then spoke with Nurse Diane. Nurse Diane and C.N.A. came to her room and noted bruise left side of her head. Nurse Diane said she would speak with Doctor Maxwell later today. I gave Mom water, a caramel, adjusted her bed and the sound on the TV and left about 10:30 AM.
LATER: I went to the NH about 5:10 PM. The birdfeeder was full. Mom was in her room, in her w/c, O2 on, with her tray eating her soup. I sat down and accompanied her. She was chewing up then spitting out the remnants. I got her to swallow by adding ketchup then put some salt on the spinach and she ate some of that. She ate all of her fruit and the cookie I brought to her. Mom was somewhat disoriented and told me that she had seen Melanie today. Also she thought Carl was on TV. Granted there was a man with a beard in a show on Tina’s TV. Carl had brought fresh flowers and clean vase today. Tina reported that Mom had been calling out for Cynthia, also, and asked me “Who is Cynthia?” I said that she is the prettiest one. The toilet was stopped up. I reported it and Nurse Linda took a plunger to it. Later housekeeping came and mopped up the mess. Mom didn’t want to go for a walk but just wanted to go to bed. I called for assistance but no one came. I got Mom into bed and changed. Mom expressed trepidation about the edge of the bed, a fear of falling so I lowered the bed and left it very low to the ground. We watched the birds and channel surfed then I left about 6:45 PM.
Photo courtesy of Carl today.

No comments:

Post a Comment