Monday, October 7, 2013

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6 & MON., OCT. 7, 2013



October 6, 2013, Sunday. Nurse called and said that Mom slid out of her w/c this morning at an activity in the Great Room. The nurse examined Mom and found no evidence of injury. My hunch is that Mom wanted to leave the piano concert and her wheels were locked. She is not much of a morning person. Just a hunch. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. We had ½ inch of rain last night so the grass was watered. I found Mom in her room with her food (no tray) on the table in front of her. According to Tina I was wrong about Mom’s brakes. From Tina’s description it sounds like her brakes were off and she tried to stand up but who knows? The pianist scheduled this morning didn’t show up and the UT business women’s club didn’t show up this afternoon, so I was told. (ACL Fest is in town?) Mom had finished half of her ice cream. I put the rest aside and Mom ate some cornbread and all the salad. The chili wasn’t good even with ketchup. I gave her some graham crackers and a cookie to eat with the rest of the ice cream. Then we went for a walk. We set off the alarm going out but walked around the building, after sitting in the lovely evening, to the employee’s entrance on unit I and no alarm when we went in. I asked the Nurse and she said that entrance is not alarmed!!. Very interesting. I accompanied Mom to her room and the C.N.A. Rowanda came and assisted getting Mom into bed and changed. I turned on the Brigadoon DVD and the birds came back. I left about 6:40 PM. Nurse Linda told me that C.N.A.s Anabel and Frank had left which is unfortunate. She said everybody cried but the pay is not good at RNC. The atmosphere is very homey and caring but they are having financial difficulty. I know Seton is in trouble and RNC is having difficulty with their relationship with Seton.  Plus the State of Texas cuts.
October 7, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 4:15 today. First I went to see Candy Sandlin about Mom’s Trust account. After some examination of the records, I wrote RNC a check for the accidentally accumulated funds from the reduced expense for Medicare part D for 5 or 6 months in 2012 in the amount of $185.58. Then I went to the back, fed the birds, blinds open, washed the sidewalk and sprinkled the grass. There was birdseed in the tall feeder and the grass had been watered. Riley visited today around 1 PM. Mom was on her bed watching TV, sound down, O2 on. The C.N.A. brought Tina’s and Mom’s trays about 4:40 PM. Mom ate all of her tomato soup, most of the cheese sandwich and some of the potato soup. I added salt and pepper and a few corn chips. She did not eat her pudding but did eat some of the cookie. Annie from Rec. came by and visited. I returned her tray to the dining room then I helped Mom back onto her bed. I changed the DVD to Top Hat and left about 6:45 PM. Mom was alert, cheerful and indicated some self direction tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment