Saturday, October 12, 2013

FRIDAY, OCT. 11, AND SATURDAY, OCT. 12, 2013



October 11, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. Rain is predicted but who knows? Mom was in the big TV room and she was glad to see me. I noticed her upper dentures missing. I found them in her pocket wrapped in a napkin. I accompanied her to her room. Her supper was there on her table. BarBQ, potato salad and beans served tonight in honor of the outdoor party and dance in the back parking lot tonight. There was water all over the floor near the flowers and the plastic utensils for Mom were melted, fused. I set up Mom with a spoon I found in the drawer then went for functional utensils and a drink, juice. Nurse Diane accompanied me to Mom’s room and cleaned up the spilled water and stayed and visited for a bit.  Mom asked to sit facing the window, noting the comings and goings outside, more than usual. Mom ate all of the potato salad, some of the beans, a few bites of the brisket, and all of the ice cream. Then I called for assistance to change Mom and a C.N.A. came right away. We got Mom changed and when we changed her slacks I noticed her wound on her right leg was bleeding under the bandage. The C.N.A. said that it was Not normal and that she would tell the Nurse. We went outside to the festivities. Mom enjoyed seeing the excitement, the weather was pleasant and we got our picture taken. A lot of the staff were there helping out. Then Mom said that she wanted to go home and watch TV. She had complained of feeling dizzy. We returned to her room and I helped her get into bed, turned on the DVD of Top Hat and I cleaned her dentures. I mentioned the problem with Mom’s bandage to Nurse Linda then left about 6:50 PM.
October 12, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. The birdfeeder was full and the grass was watered, blinds open. Mom was in her room, in her w/c, sound down on the TV and her O2 cannula on her bed, O2 pump on. Tina said that Mom had taken it off. Mom told me she was ready to go home. I saw that Riley had signed in and visited today. We hung up the clean clothes I brought then I set her up for supper. The trays had not come. Nurse Steve came in and asked if Tina had eaten much and we said “no food yet”. Mom and I looked at photos and cards, did some personal care. I checked the wound on her leg and it had a more serious bandage on it today. Tina said it squirted blood everywhere when they changed it. The trays came about 5:35 PM. Mom ate some of her French fries and salad and a few bites of the hamburger meat and both of her cookies. When I returned Mom’s tray to the dining room, Nurse Steve asked how she ate and I asked Nurse Steve to give Mom a Boost later. We channel surfed and watched the birds some. I put on a new DVD, Swing Time. Mom seemed a little more alert today and said several times that she was ready to go home so I told her that she was home. She said she wanted to go for a walk then changed her mind and wouldn’t go. So I assisted her into bed, cleaned her teeth and gave her the O2.  I left about 6:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment