Wednesday, October 9, 2013

TUESDAY, OCT. 8 & WED., OCT. 9, 2013



October 8, 2013, Tuesday. Nurse Linda called last night to say that a huge bruise has developed on Mom’s left knee.
 I called the NH this morning and left a message in Candy Sandlin’s voice mail to not deposit that check. I also went by about 9:30 AM but Ms Sandlin wasn’t in. An email from Regina, Hospice nurse this morning says that the big bruise looks okay, that mom’s breathing is good but she continues to lose weight. She is down to 116 lbs.  I called the facility about 2 PM and spoke with Mike, assistant administrator about the check. He found it and put it aside for me to discuss with Candy later. Candy is out sick today. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open, washed the sidewalk and watered the grass. When I went to Mom’s room the door was closed and 2 C.N.A.s were in the room, changing Mom and getting her up. One left to get the supper trays for Tina & Mom and I assisted getting Mom up. We watched the birds and did some personal care. Mom ate all of her tamales with ketchup, but a few bites of the cream of broccoli soup and the butter beans. The salad had hot peppers on it and was too spicy. She ate one of the ginger cookies. We hung up the clean clothes I brought. We channel surfed and watched the birds then I assisted Mom into nightgown and to bed. I left the TV on the Top Hat DVD. Mom was in a good humor tonight. The bruise on her left knee is enormous, quite impressive. I talked to Nurse Linda briefly. She had all new C.N.A.s on the unit. I left about 7 PM.
October 9, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. The vertical birdfeeder was full and there was still feed in the horizontal feeder and the grass was watered. Mom was in her room, in bed, in nightgown with a student sitting with her assisting her eating supper….in bed! I got Mom a bib and took over. Mom was eating her veggie soup well. I added salt, pepper and ketchup to the potatoes and she ate them all plus some of the ground beef and almost all of the soup. She ate the chocolate cake I brought, too. I couldn’t find her glasses and went to the nurse station and asked for help finding the glasses. The C.N.A. came with the student and we found them in Mom’s armpit. Really. I also found the sign-in pad we had lost. It was behind the TV. We did some personal care, channel surfed and watched the birds. I left about 6:30 PM. Mom seemed tired and there is a new bruise on her left thumb. She said it doesn’t hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment