Monday, October 14, 2013

SUNDAY, OCT. 13, AND MONDAY, OCT. 14, 2013



October 13, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. I could see Mom eating in bed inside. It is overcast and 5 inches of rain so far in this neighborhood. Just as I was sitting down to assist Mom, a C.N.A. came in intending to assist Mom. She was on her bed, outside the covers, O2 on, a sheet over her lap, a towel on her chest for a bib eagerly eating her soup. She finished it all then I put mustard and ketchup in the tuna salad on the sandwich and she ate most of the salad, not the bread. She did not want the canned peaches dessert but also ate the crackers and a small container of “honey sauce”. We channel surfed, watched the birds and I got out the colors and she and I together colored a bird. We did some personal care and hung up the clean clothes I brought. The med nurse brought her meds. I cleaned her teeth, gave Mom and Tina candy. I got one of her lap blankets out as it was cold in her room. I put on the Bird Migration DVD on and left about 6:30 PM. Mom’s problem solving was low and she seemed lethargic but cheerful.

October 14, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. It has been raining all day so I didn’t water the grass, etc. Mom was in the Big TV room. No sweater or hat and she said she was cold. It felt cool to me in the room. I accompanied her to her room. C.N.A. Sharon said that Mom’s tray was in her room. In Mom’s room, I noticed that Mom’s wipes were gone and there were no diapers for Mom. I turned off the TV, opened the blinds, got Mom a sweater and hat and set Mom up for supper. She did not eat well tonight. She barely touched the sloppy Joe, ate half the French fries, all four of the fried zucchini slices and both of the cookies. I couldn’t find trash bags to line Mom dirty clothes pail so we went for a walk out to my car and I got a birdseed bag out of the trunk for the dirty clothes pail. We walked around a bit, watched the clouds then went back in. Nurse Linda came to change Mom’s bandage. I got Mom onto her bed, into a nightgown. The wound on her leg looked very bad. Bruising knee to ankle and there was yellowish ooze coming out. Nurse Linda put extra padding on the wound and told me about her problems with her documentation for her education and her inheritance. I told Nurse Linda that I would not be coming on Wednesday. I didn’t change Mom although she was wet because there were no diapers. Mom’s bed did not have a top sheet so I got one and made her bed then got out one of the lap blankets to put over the bedspread because her room was cold. I cleaned Mom’s teeth. I gave Tina and Mom candy. I got Mom’s dirty clothes and left about 7:10 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment