Thursday, January 30, 2014

WED., JAN 29 & THURS., JAN 30, 2014



January 29, 2014, Wednesday. I didn’t go to NH today. Carl called about 7:30 PM asking about getting Mom to bed and I explained about teeth cleaning. An email from Regina at Hospice says Mom seems better.
January 30, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH about 9 AM. Mom was in the big TV room. I got her a hat and said hello then picked up my paintings from Activities. I saw photos of their event yesterday. I returned to the NH about 4:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds partially open. I went to Mom room and saw Souhange in bed, looking ill. There was a wastebasket with what looked like vomit in it. Mom was in the Great Room eating a banana. Donna from activities said that they had birthday cake also today before the Bingo. I wheeled Mom back to her room and C.N.A. Sandra brought Mom’s tray.    C.N.A. Roxanne came and took Souhange’s temperature and I overheard “no temp.” C.N.A. Sandra returned with a tray of clear soup, jello and such for Souhange. Souhange did not eat and had O2 on. Mom did not eat well. Only a few bites of the chili, half of the cornbread and a few bites of fruit were all she ate. Mom and I hung up clothes, then sang and danced. The birds and the acrobatic squirrel put on a show today. We did some breathing and read a new letter from Quembe.  I returned Mom’s tray to the hall cart. Mom wanted to go to bed and so I assisted her into her nightgown and into bed. I put the DVD back on Fred A/Ginger R. and gave Mom a caramel. I left with dirty clothes to wash. Mom was cheerful and alert to her environment. She could not remember which of her sisters was Quembe’s Mom and could not name her sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment