Saturday, January 11, 2014

THURS., JAN. 9, FRI., JAN 10 & SAT., JAN 11, 2014


January 9, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH this morning about 10 AM to get Mom to the Nail Spa. Mom was asleep on her bed, blinds closed, O2 on but cannula out of place, glasses on, teeth in. The DVD of Barclays was playing, sound down. I awoke Mom, brushed her hair, cleaned her hands, opened the blinds, turned off O2 and turned up the sound on the TV. Mom chose gold fingernail polish! I got Mom into her w/c, gave her a lap blanket and hat. I got the dirty clothes together then accompanied Mom to the activity. A C.N.A. stopped us on the way and took Mom’s O2 which was low, 85%. In the Great Room I saw Nurse Diane back with her badge saying Unit II manager! I left Mom at a table with a towel in front of her and spoke to Annie before I left with the laundry about 10:30 AM. I returned to the NH about 4:50 PM. Mom was in the Great Room with crumbs on her shirt and indications of snacks. We returned to her room. Mom propelled herself part of the way. Roxanne checked Mom’s room for neatness then went to get her tray. Mom and I hung up clean clothes and played some hand games. Mom ate some of her ziti, the carrots out of her veggies, almost all of her garlic bread and ¾ of her strawberries. She really wanted to go to bed. I got her into her nightgown and called for assistance to change Mom. I got started then Yvonne came and finished up. We channel surfed some. I cleaned her teeth, her glasses and put her O2 cannula in place. I left about 6:30 PM, leaving the TV on the DVD of Barclays of Broadway.
January 10, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed, O2 on, cannula out of place, glasses on, sound down on DVD, teeth in. Mom was glad to see me and I assisted her into her chair. We channel surfed and I looked at her legs. Luz came in and changed her bandages and put cream on the wounds. They are slow healing but no infection. I clipped her toenails. Big toe nail on her R foot looks dead. I mentioned this to Luz and she said podiatrist would check it. I got her supper. The cart came out about 5:15 PM. Mom ate more than half her food. We channel surfed, sang some songs and played hand games. I assisted her back into bed. I cleaned her teeth and glasses. I put the O2 on and Mom is still expressing affection for the stuffed dog. Mom was alert and cooperative tonight but had a lot of trouble remembering words and did make comments that I could not follow. I put the DVD back on and left about 6:50 PM. Resident David stopped me again and asked for a portrait sketch. How much would I charge? I said I would think about it.
January 11, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. The bird feeders were full plus popcorn on the ground and blinds open. Mom was on her bed watching Singing in the Rain on TV channel, sound down, teeth in glasses on, O2 on but cannula out of place.   There were brand new flowers and a banana peel in the trash and Carl had signed in and visited about 3-3:30 today. Adam came in and we got Mom into her wheelchair. I put on the cleaned up DVD of Top Hat and it played just fine. We channel surfed then Adam brought Mom’s tray. Mom ate about half of her food. I don’t think she attended activities today. After supper Mom wanted to go for a walk so I carried the tray back to the dining room and Mom wheeled herself the whole way. In the dining room I took over and we went through the covered patio. It was cool out but I put my jacket on Mom and we looked at the sky. We went back to Mom’s room and I assisted her into her nightgown and into bed. I cleaned her glasses and her teeth and gave her a chocolate. Mom is still attached to the stuffed dog, Fido. I spoke to Tara tonight about bringing something for the arts & crafts exhibit. I left about 7 PM.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment