Thursday, January 2, 2014

WED., JAN. 1 & THUR., JAN 2, 2014



January 1, 2014, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. I left about 6:30 PM.
  I fed the birds and forgot the scoop. I left it hanging on the fence. C.N.A. Jaylynn was getting Mom into her w/c. The O2 was on but no teeth. I got her teeth and Jaylynn laughingly told me Mom was argumentative today and stuck her tongue out at her. Funny girl. I put Mom’s old shoes on her and brought her new shoes home to wash. I also got her dirty clothes together to wash. I got Mom’s tray. Mom ate pretty well, a little less than half of her tuna sandwich, some of her peach cobbler, some of her beets and noodles. We channel surfed and hung up the clean clothes I brought from home. Jaylynn came and I assisted her getting Mom into bed and changed. I washed her teeth, cleaned her glasses, and changed the DVD to Singing in the Rain. The evening with Riley may have stimulated Mom because Mom was more aware of her environment tonight, commenting on it getting dark outside, talking about the pictures on the wall. Riley signed the book for yesterday  3-6 PM. We looked at the photographs tonight and she was better in identifying people in some of the photos.
January 2, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:20 PM. I talked to Sam the Social Worker earlier today and agreed to bring Mom’s single surviving blue shoe for ID purposes if they can find the other one. I had also talked with Candy Sandlin earlier about the 2014 changes in SS. Mom was on her bed watching Singing in the rain turned down low, O2 on but cannula out of place, teeth in and her glasses under her pillow. The blinds were open and the birds fed. I got Mom up and she wanted my sweater so we switched sweaters. We hung up some clean clothes I brought. I got her tray and she ate pretty well; almost half the Chili, half the cornbread but none of the fruit. Carl brought all new flowers today and there was a banana peel in the trash. He signed in around 2:30. Mom & I channel surfed then went for a walk. We visited the Christmas tree, sang some songs then went to the covered patio and got Cheetos. We returned to her room with Mom doing a lot of her own propelling. We shared the Cheetos, channel surfed then I assisted her into bed. Mom was alert but was using non sequitur speech more than usual. Words strung together but nonsensical. I put the TV back on Singing in the Rain and she said she had not seen this film before so I left it on that. I left about 6:50 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment