Saturday, February 1, 2014

FRI., JAN. 31 & SAT., FEB. 1, 2014




January 31, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. The birdfeeders were full but there was no evidence that Riley or Carl visited Mom today. Donna from Recreation asked if I recognized some clothing but not Mom’s. Mom was in the Great Room at activities, a performance of song and dance today. Mom recognized me. She had on that lovely dress from Brooks today and a jacket. We went to her room. She propelled herself part of the way. I set Mom up at the table and showed her the Van Gogh picture book. Her DVD was malfunctioning. I put the TV on news. Souhange was still in bed with O2 but seemed better today. I went for Mom’s tray. Mom did not eat well tonight. Just a few bites of the chopped ham, lima beans and spinach in spite of the condiments I used. She did eat over half of the cornbread with honey & butter. Then she ate half of a banana in the chocolate pudding. I ate the other half. I returned her tray to the dining room. We played patty-cake then looked at the Van Gogh book. I assisted her to bed, cleaned her teeth, her glasses, put the O2 on and gave her a caramel. Mom was not responsive to her environment tonight. It took a lot of coaxing to persuade any participation in anything and I could not coax her to sing. She did not want the stuffed dog. I left about 6:30 PM. I spoke briefly with Nurse Steve.
February 1, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. The feeders were full. I went to Mom’s room and arranged some things. The TV was stuck on an image from a different DVD other than the one in the player???? I tried the Opera but it kept jerking so I turned off the DVD player and put the TV on TCM. I found Mom in the dining room and we returned to her room. Yvonne brought her tray. Souhange was not in the room. Mom ate pretty well tonight; about ¼ of the cheeseburger, some French fries, half of the soup and all of the fruit cup. We hung up some clean clothes, played patty-cake and sang some along with the TV, The Wizard of Oz. I assisted Mom into bed. Her bed did not have a top sheet so I found one on the linen cart and put it on her bed.  I cleaned Mom’s glasses, her teeth and put her O2 on. She wanted her stuffed dog tonight. I gave her a caramel and left about 6:30 PM. Souhange had returned to the room. Mom was alert and responsive tonight. She still has a cough.


No comments:

Post a Comment