Saturday, January 4, 2014

FRI., JAN 3 & SAT., JAN 4, 2014



January 3, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds partially closed. Mom was in the Great Room and I accompanied her back to her room. Her room was very neat and all was “apposto”. Mom’s hair was done and she looks great and was in a good humor. Roxanne brought Mom’s tray. Mom ate about 1/3 of her chopped ham, a few bites of spinach, some of her cornbread and all of her pudding and drank her Boost. We channel surfed and I cleaned her teeth, her glasses. I gave Mom a chocolate. Mom was tired and wanted to go to bed
so I assisted her into bed. She was sopping wet so I called for help. Roxanne came right away and I assisted her getting Mom changed and into bed. Mom was constipated and I was trying to get her to push when she said “Get away from me or I’ll kick you in the face” which shocked Roxanne. I got a mint out and showed it to Mom and she became very cooperative and pushed. I gave her the mint and Roxanne got her adjusted in her bed. I showed Roxanne where I keep the “bribes”. I put the TV back on DVD of Singing in the Rain and left about 6:30 PM. I told the Med Nurse about Mom being constipated.
January 4, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:45 Pm and left about 6:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was on her bed, no O2, teeth in, no glasses, DVD playing. She was happy to see me and evidence is that she did not go to activities today. I got her up and into her chair. Roxanne brought Mom’s tray. I put the Winged Migration DVD on for the meal. Mom ate some of her cheeseburger, the carrots out of the peas & carrots, and some of the fried potatoes., none of the banana with the sprinkles. We hung up clothes, did some personal care then I assisted her back to bed. She was sopping wet so I called for assistance to change her. Jaylynn came and got her changed. I cleaned her teeth, her glasses and put the O2 on. We channel surfed some then I put the Singing in the Rain DVD back on and gave Mom a chocolate. As I was leaving, I saw a raccoon in the enclosure outside Mom’s room.             

No comments:

Post a Comment