Monday, January 6, 2014

SUN., JAN. 5 & MON, JAN. 6, 2014


January 5, 2014, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM and left about 6:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was just returning from the Great Room with Tara. I took over and got Mom to propel herself down her hallway. Roxanne brought Mom’s tray and Mom ate pretty well tonight; some of the lasagna, the cauliflower, half of the roll and all of the mixed fruit. We hung up the clean clothes I brought and sang some songs, clapped our hands. We channel surfed a little bit then Roxanne came and put Mom in bed and changed her. I gave Roxanne the chocolate covered macadamia nuts from Helen since neither Mom nor I can eat them.  I gathered up dirty clothes and put the DVD back on Singing in the Rain. Mom’s glasses are so bent that they don’t stay in place well. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, adjusted her O2 and said good-night. Mom was alert today but her problem solving was very low.

January 6, 2014, Monday.  I went to the NH about 4:50 PM, blinds closed. There was still birdseed from the day before. It is very cold, not above 35 today. Mom was on her bed, no O2, no glasses, teeth in and sound down on the DVD. I started to get Mom up when Adam came in saying that he was late and behind. He returned with Mom’s tray. Mom ate well, tonight; most of her sandwich and over half of her potato salad, some of her marinated veggies and one of the cookies. She wanted to go back to bed immediately. Roxanne came and got her tray and said that they were short handed tonight. We hung up clean clothes I had brought. I called for assistance but no one came so I assisted Mom back into bed and changed her. We channel surfed then I cleaned her teeth, glasses and gave Mom a chocolate. We sang some songs then I put on a Fred A. DVD and left about 6:50 PM.  Mom was cheerful but had difficulty with simple problem solving like how to put her hat on her head.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment