Wednesday, January 8, 2014

TUES., JAN. 7 & WED., JAN. 8, 2013 NEW SHOES, A GIFT!



January 7, 2014, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. The feeders were full, blinds open. Mom was in the Great Room at an activity conducted by Hospice. Mom was glad to see me. There was evidence of popcorn and treats. We returned to her room and Adam brought her tray. Mom did not eat well; some of her Frito pie and salad then all of her cookie and over half of her Mandarin oranges. Sam the social worker brought Mom a NEW PAIR OF SHOES! Sylvia the supervisor of the facility bought them for Mom to replace the one missing shoe. We channel surfed, looked at photos then we brushed her hair. Mom was good at identifying people in the photos, tonight. We played hand games, doing the alphabet in sign language. She did pretty well. Adam came by and we talked about art. I assisted her into bed and put the TV back on the DVD. Mom said she had not seen this one before (day 2). I left about 6:45 PM with the shoes to mark them.

January 8, 2014, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. The birds were fed, blinds half open. Mom was resting on her bed watching TVLand. Her cannula was on the floor, glasses on, no teeth. Adam walked in with me and got Mom into her chair.  I gave her the new shoes and took the old ones to wash. The new shoes are a little snug but okay. I got her teeth, cleaned her glasses and checked the Fred A. DVD which was skipping and stopping. So I changed the DVD to Barclays of Broadway. Adam brought Mom’s tray and Mom ate well tonight. There was no evidence of having gone to activities today. She ate all of her sweet potatoes, most of the chopped ham, all of the cornbread and over half the fruit. Mom kept rolling her head around and seemed fidgety. I imitated her movements and it made me dizzy. We did some stretchies, sang some songs then she asked about her dog, looking at the floor. I got her the stuffed dog which she petted  vigorously. She would not play hand games with me tonight. I helped her into bed then left. I went to the Nurse station and told Sandra that Mom is fidgety tonight. She said she would check on her. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment