Friday, January 24, 2014

THURS., JAN. 22 & FRI., JAN. 23, 2014



January 23, 2014, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. Mom was in the big TV room in an outfit I didn’t recognize but it has her name and room number written in the neck. We went to her room and I met her new roommate, a very nice lady whom I can’t understand very well. Staff says that she speaks French and “Swiss” which is actually a German dialect. I noted that Carl had signed Mom's visitor book yesterday. The C.N.A. brought the tray right away and Mom ate well tonight. The TV was on TCM so I put on the Migration DVD and Mom watched the birds while she ate. She ate all of her potatoes, a few bites of bread, some green beans and almost half of her ground meat and gravy. I added salt, 2 packets of ketchup, 2 packets of mustard and some curry. She ate about half of her cake. I noticed that her garbage bags that I use to line the dirty clothes hamper are missing and Ms. Knickerbocker’s quilt is on Mom’s bed. Also there was a dirty diaper sitting on the bedside table. I returned Ms. Knickerbocker’s quilt to the Nurse’s station, threw away the dirty diaper and got a garbage bag from Roxanne to line Mom’s clothes hamper. A C.N.A. came and took Mom’s vitals and Mom was at 92% for her O2 level. We sang some songs and clapped hands then I changed the DVD to Fred A. in Broadway 1940. We hung up some clean clothes and I gathered up her dirty clothes. I called for assistance and helped Mom into bed. I cleaned her teeth and glasses, put the O2 on and left about 6:50 PM. Later I bought another package of garbage bags and wrote “herpes” on 45 of them. I went back to the facility and changed the lining of the clothes hamper to a Glad bag because their bags are too weak. I spoke to Nurse Steve about the theft of the bags.
January 24, 2014, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom was in the dining room so I brought her back to her room. She propelled herself part of the way. Tara reminded me of the Art show on Wed. I met Soulange’s daughter and granddaughter. Soulange, Mom’s roommate, also goes by “Sousou”. Soulange is in a wheelchair but is very self-directed. I put TVLand on the TV then went and got Mom’s tray. Mom ate well tonight; almost all of her potatoes, half of her ground meat, about 1/3 of the peas and all of her lemon tart plus cranberry cocktail. I returned the tray. We looked at photos, clapped our hands and sang some songs. I put the Winged Migration DVD on and Mom wanted to watch that. So I assisted her to bed, cleaned her teeth, her glasses, put her O2 on and gave her a chocolate. I left about 6:30 PM. Mom was alert and attentive today.


No comments:

Post a Comment