Sunday, January 26, 2014

SAT., JAN. 25 & SUN., JAN. 26, 2014




January 25, 2014, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was in the dining room. We returned to her room. Mom propelled herself about half the way. I gave Tara the info about the art I will bring on Wed. I hate “one day shows”. Mom’s TV was on TCM. I put the Winged Migration DVD back on for the meal. Yvonne brought Mom’s tray. With two packets of soy sauce, Mom ate pretty well. Mom was contrary at first. I sang a song, brushed her hair and Mom became more pleasant and cooperative. She ate the dessert, ice cream, by herself without assistance. We looked at photos, watched some TV, channel surfed then I noticed the DVD was not playing. So I took that home and changed the DVD to Fred A./Ginger Rogers, Follow the Fleet. We hung up clean clothes. I assisted Mom into bed. Mom’s roommate, Solange Souhami, returned from supper. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, her glasses, put her O2 on and gave her a chocolate. I left about 6:30 PM. Mom had difficulty identifying people in the photos but was pretty good at problem solving and attentive to her environment. She is coughing less.
January 26, 2014, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room. I took her outside for a few minutes. We just walked around the end of the building and back. The weather is supposed to change tonight so we won’t have another opportunity to go outside for awhile. We went to her room and Adam brought her tray. The TV was stuck so the Parrots of Telegraph Hill doesn’t work anymore. I brought back the bird Migration DVD and it got stuck also. I put Fred A./Ginger Rogers follow the fleet on then put the TV on TCM and My Fair Lady. Mom ate pretty well. She ate all of the potato puree, some of the eggs, about ½ the fried potatoes, and about ½ of the Jello. We sang a little and danced. I brushed her hair. I met Sam, Ms Souhami’s son. He said that French is her first language and told me a little about themselves.  I assisted Mom into bed and changed the TV to the DVD. I cleaned her glasses, her teeth, gave her a chocolate, a caramel and put the O2 on.  I gathered up the dirty clothes and left about 6:30 PM. Mom was contrary and argumentative at first but became more cooperative and pleasant after we sang and danced.



No comments:

Post a Comment