Tuesday, January 14, 2014

SUN., JAN. 12, MON., JAN 13 AND TUES., JAN 13, 2014



January 12, 2014, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Adam was getting Mom up, glasses on, DVD playing, sound down, teeth in. I gave her a lap blanket and a sweater, brushed her hair, turned up the sound. Adam brought Mom’s tray. Mom ate pretty well except the veggies which were tough. She ate over half the fish, potatoes and pears. We sang some songs and did some stretches and channel surfed on the TV. Then I put it back on the DVD of Top Hat, which Bill cleaned and fixed. When I started to assist her to bed, Mom was sopping wet so I called for help. Adam came and we got Mom changed and into bed. I gave Mom a chocolate and a mint, cleaned her glasses and teeth, put the O2 on and left about 6:30 PM. I told Nurse Steve, Adam and Roxanne that I would Not be there tomorrow but Riley would be by to visit.
Mom continues to tell me some nonsense statements and is attached to her stuffed dog.
January 13, 2014, Monday. I didn’t go to the NH today. I talked to Riley about him visiting Mom this afternoon.
January 14, 2014, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. the birds were at the feeder and the blinds were half open. Mom was on her bed, teeth in, no glasses, O2 on and sound up on the DVD. I changed the channel, got Mom’s dirty clothes together and got Mom’s new dress from the closet. Mom had ‘leggings’ on and there was a note that someone had visited Mom. Amy? Julie? I couldn’t make it out. Mom needed changing so I called for help. I changed Mom and got her into her chair then Adam came and said that Mom ate well last night. I told the Nurse station and Adam that I would not be there to feed Mom tonight. We went to the party and a volunteer gave Mom some lemon pound cake and cranberry cocktail. It was cool in the Great Room so I got her a neck scarf and a sweater. I left with Mom’s dirty clothes about 3:55 PM.
I WENT BACK to the NH about 7:30 PM. Mom was resting on her bed, blinds open, no O2, no glasses, teeth in and the TV was on PBS. I closed the blinds. Mom started pulling her hair so I gave her a brush then we hung up some clean clothes. I got her teeth and cleaned them, gave her the glasses, put O2 on and gave her a chocolate.  I put the TV back on the DVD, adjusted her bed and left about 8 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment