Thursday, December 19, 2013

WED., DEC. 18 & THURS., DEC. 19, 2013


December 18, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. The bird feeders were full, blinds open. Nurse Luz was doctoring Mom’s R leg when I came to Mom’s room. New bandage on then I gave Mom some homemade baked apple. I accompanied her to the Great Room for the Christmas party. She propelled herself much of the way. There was a Posada, a Santa, marimba music, cookies, juice, ice cream Sundays and gifts. Mom & I clapped, sang and swayed with the music. After the party was over, I accompanied Mom to the Big TV room. I found C.N.A. Norma and told her that Mom would need to eat in the dining room tonight, that I would not be there to feed her. I left about 4:30 PM. I left the TV on TCM because they were running Fred A. movies.  At home, I spoke to Riley on the phone. He said that he could go by tonight after 7 PM and check on her teeth, etc.
December 19, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. The Suzuki Strings (children) were playing in the Great Room. Mom was in her chair in her room watching TCM. I took her to see the children. We stayed through several pieces then returned to her room for supper. A C.N.A. brought Mom’s tray just as I got her set up. Mom ate fairly well. Nurse Steve stopped by and said that Mom ate the Doctor’s fish today at lunch. I gave her a few chips and a chocolate also. Then we hung up some clothes and looked at pictures. Today Mom could identify her parents and siblings but although she recognized her children she had difficulty naming them. Mom wanted to go to bed so I took out her teeth and called for assistance. C.N.A. Norma came immediately with a trainee. They spoke Spanish to each other but English to Mom. Norma commented on how physically strong Mom is. A Med nurse came and gave Mom some medication which she said is for blood pressure, twice a day. I asked Nurse Steve about this and he said it is “diltiazem” for heart arrhythmia. She is also on Lasix. A nurse delivered a package of bandages for Mom, for hospice. I put them in the bottom drawer of her bedside stand. I changed the TV to Easter Parade with Judy Garland and left with dirty clothes about 6:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment