Sunday, December 29, 2013

SAT., DEC. 28 & SUN, DEC. 29, 2013


December 28, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. The bird feeders were full, blinds closed. Mom was in the dining room, teeth in, no glasses. I accompanied her back to her room. She propelled herself part of the way. C.N.A. Roxanne brought Mom’s tray. Roxanne said that she would be on this Unit from now on. Mom’s glasses were in her room. Mom did not eat well tonight. Mostly she chewed her food then spit it out. The sweet & sour pork and veggies were good but she had no appetite. She only ate about half of her strawberry ice cream. We channel surfed and Roxanne came and got Mom’s tray. I assisted Mom into bed. Mom’s bed now has a thin blanket in addition to her bedspread and lap blanket. I put cream on her back and legs, brushed her hair. I left about 6:30 PM. Mom was out of sorts and tired tonight. I suspect she went to activities and got treats and had fun. There was a sing-a-long today.
December 29, 2013, Sunday.  I went to the NH about 4:45. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Yvonne and another C.N.A. were getting Mom up from bed and dressed. The C.N.A. Jasmine brought Mom’s tray. Mom seemed hungry and ate about half of her omelet, hash browns and biscuit plus one of the chocolate chip cookies. I cleaned Mom’s nails and clipped them then gave Mom a fingernail file. I put on Winged Migration during eating, sound down. Mom loved that but when I asked her she said she wanted to see Fred A. I put on Top Hat but it kept skipping so I changed it to 1940 Broadway. Roxanne retrieved Mom’s tray and talked about art again. As a student she sold an art work for $500. I assisted Mom into bed. Nurse Steve told me that Mom advocated for herself today and was feisty. I cleaned her teeth, put her O2 on and left about 6:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment