Friday, December 6, 2013

THURS., DEC. 5 & FRI., DEC 6, 2013


December 5, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH and paid today. I didn’t get a bill this month and Candy Sandlin was not in the office today. I gave the checks to Michael. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM today. There was feed in the feeders, blinds closed. Riley signed in and visited Mom last night about 7 PM. Mom was on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, teeth in, lights out in her room, DVD playing, sound down. Mom did Not want to get out of bed but Yvonne came with Mom’s tray and helped me get Mom up and into her chair. I brushed her hair and we did some personal care then set up for supper. She ate all the broth of the soup, all of her bread and most of her pear. She did not eat the spinach. We went for a walk. I left a “thank you” for the beautician. Mom’s hair still looks really nice from the Tuesday set & wash. We went to the front foyer and looked at the Nativity then back to her room. We hung up a few clean clothes then I assisted her back to bed. I put her nightgown on her, cleaned her teeth and changed the DVD. C.N.A. Mothling came in twice while I was there to see if we needed anything. I left about 6:30 PM. Nelson Mandela died today. There was a pall over many staff today.
December 6, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM today. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed and her room was COLD! C.N.A. Adam brought Mom’s tray and I helped him change Mom and get her into her chair. I gave her a lap blanket and a hat. She ate well tonight; at least half her beef noodle dish, all of her bread, none of her veggies, and both her chocolate chip cookies. We channel surfed and I soaked and cleaned her fingernails. I went to the nurses station and reported that Mom’s room (205) is COLD. I saw Donna from Rec. and she said that Mom did not participate in activities today. I suspect the cold room keeps Mom in bed. I helped Mom into a nightgown and back into bed. I put extra covers on Mom. I cleaned her teeth, put her O2 on and left about 6:30. EMS was on Unit 2 to transport someone to the hospital. I left Mom watching the American in Paris DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment