Friday, December 13, 2013

STILL A ROOM OF HER OWN, DEC. 12 & 13, 2013


The photograph is from Carl.

December 12, 2013, Thursday.  I went to the NH about 10:30 AM and things Did Not go as planned. There was no Nail Spa this morning as volunteers were no show. Activities were conducting some arts and crafts in the Great Room. Mom was in the Big TV room when I came in. We went to the Great Room, got a cup of coffee then returned to Mom’s room where I cleaned and trimmed her fingernails we did some personal care. Mom colored in the coloring book, ate half a banana from Carl and I drew her picture.  We channel surfed and watched the birds. We looked at photos and Mom identified her sisters and parents but not her children in old photographs.  Sam, the social worker, came by and said they may have a roommate for Mom and we talked about how Mom likes, needs, the TV on all night long. Signe, a volunteer with Hospice came by and we chatted. The C.N.A. came and took Mom’s vitals. Mom had a low temp of 99.8. Then Stacy, C.N.A. from Hospice, came and took Mom for a bath. I left about 11:40 AM.
December 13, 2013, Friday. There was a message on my phone this morning from RNC. “This is Not and emergency but call in the morning.”  I spoke to Nurse Jim this morning. He said that Mom fell, slipped out of her chair, onto the floor last night, no injury reported.  This means that Mom may have been left sitting in her chair, alone, in her room? I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. There was bird seed but I added to the vertical feeder. The grass is enjoying the rain. Mom was resting on her bed, DVD turned up, no glasses, teeth in. She was ready to get up and into her chair. A C.N.A. brought her tray. Mom ate all of her potato soup, some okra and potatoes and just a couple of bites of the fried chicken. Then she ate the piece of fig cake I brought from home. We played patty-cake, sang some songs then Mom said she wanted to go to “her bed” and that I should get off her bed. We did some personal care and I looked at the new wound on her right leg. The wound on her L leg is almost healed. Mom had no evidence of fever today. There is still no roommate. Mom still has a room to herself. I put a nightgown on her and helped her to her bed. She was wet so I called for assistance and changed her. A C.N.A. came after I was finished. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, put the DVD back on Fred A & Ginger, and gave Mom a chocolate. She opened it herself. Mom seemed independent today but had trouble with understanding spoken language. It seemed difficulty with hearing today. I took her dirty clothes and left about 6:45 PM.  

No comments:

Post a Comment