Monday, December 9, 2013

SUNDAY, DEC. 8 & MON., DEC. 9, 2013




December 8, 2013, Sunday. Riley called about Noon to say that he would do Mom duty today about 4:30 PM. He also plans on going by earlier.
December 9, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. The birdfeeder was full, blinds closed. Mom was in the Great Room and there were Carolers from somewhere. We sang the Twelve Days of Christmas, then I accompanied Mom to her room. I noted that Riley had signed in about 3 PM and C.N.A. Yvonne said that he had shown up “at just the right time.” I set Mom up at her table then went and got her tray from the hall cart. Mom used her straw to suck the juice from her chili. The meat/beans in the NH chili are not quality but the juice is pretty good so she sucked it dry. She ate about half her cornbread some of the fried zucchini (mostly the breading) then the 3 teacakes I brought from home. We did some personal care and channel surfed. I returned the tray then we hung up clean clothes I had brought. I called for help and Yvonne came immediately and I assisted changing and putting Mom to bed. Yvonne is very caring and Mom likes her a lot. I put the TV back on the bird DVD, took the dirty clothes, gave Mom a chocolate, and left about 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment