Monday, December 23, 2013

SHOES LOST AND FOUND, SUN., DEC. 22 & MON., DEC. 23, 2013




December 22, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. The bird feeders had seed, blinds closed. Mom was on her bed, no teeth, glasses off, sound down on TV, O2 on but cannula out of place. I turned off the O2 and started to get Mom up when a C.N.A. came in and changed Mom and got Mom up. Mom had no pants on, either. She only had the two lap blankets over her bed that I left on her last night. The C.N.A. returned with Mom’s tray. Mom ate well after 3 packets of ketchup, extra salt & pepper, and curry added to fish cakes, rice and spinach. She ate all of her peach cobbler also after I added a packet of sugar. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, brushed her hair and gave her a chocolate. We channel surfed some then I returned the TV to Fred A DVD. I assisted Mom into bed, put the O2 on and put the blanket I had brought from home on Mom, plus one of the lap blankets. Yvonne came by and we talked about Mom’s missing new pink shoes. I also spoke to Donna in Rec. and the nurse about the missing shoes and blankets. The nurse accompanied me to the laundry where I found Mom’s cover. I brought that home to more clearly mark it. The nurse told me that they are supposed to supply the covers. That she would see to it later. I said I would bring a photo of the missing shoes. I left the NH about 7 PM.

December 23, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I saw Donna from Recreation and gave her the photograph, flyer about the lost shoes. Mom was on her bed, teeth in, O2 on, glasses on, DVD playing, sound down. I opened the blinds, turned up the sound, cleaned Mom’s glasses and got her into her chair with lap blanket. I made up her bed with the bedspread from home. The bed still had the covers that I left last night, no change. We went to the Great Room for the Singalong. I got Mom some coffee and we sang and clapped with the music. Oldies. Then we headed back to Mom’s room. Donna told me that Isabel had found the shoes in Ms Knickerbockers room (the similarity in spelling to “Hickerson”) and that the shoes are in her room which they were. Mom propelled herself part of the way and did quite well although claiming the whole time that she couldn’t do it. I marked on the shoes, more and put her shoes on her then took her to the dining room for lunch. On the way I met the new Charge Nurse, Unit Manager, Rose. She has previously worked on Unit I. Mom wanted another coffee so I got her one and also a towel for a bib. I left about 11:50 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment