Wednesday, December 11, 2013

TUES., DEC. 10 & WED., DEC. 11, 2013



December 10, 2013. Tuesday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. The vertical feeder was on the ground, not broken. I filled the feeders and noted the grass does not look good but the soil is holding. Mom was in the Big TV room, no teeth, glasses on, no sweater, looked cold. I got her a sweater out of the clean clothes I brought then we went to her room. Her tray was in her room. I got hr teeth in and gave her a cap. We saw male & female cardinals out the window. She ate fairly well and Rec. told me that she had been to the birthday party today so she had cake and treats. She ate two of the cookies I brought, too. Then we hung up clothes and I brushed her hair. She kept asking to go, to go, for a ride or to go home. I changed the DVD to Fred A and Ginger and that calmed her somewhat and brushed her hair some more then we went for a walk to the Great room and looked at the Tree, up close. Mom counted the red and green bulbs. Her bird was on the tree but she didn’t recognize it as hers. Tonight is Movie night and Mom said that she wanted to go so I took her to the big TV room and got her a lap blanket. I saw Tina. Mom was very contrary and argumentative initially but the hair brushing, some singing songs and playing seemed to calm her down. By the time I left about 6:30 PM she seemed much more comfortable. 
December 11, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 4:40 PM. The bird feeders were full, blinds closed. I saw Mom through the window in the Great Room. I took my things to her room then joined her in the Great Room where there was a gentleman at the piano, playing and singing. Mom did not have her teeth in. We sang along then returned to her room. Mom propelled herself part of the way. I spoke to Nurse Steve about Mom’s teeth. Yvonne brought Mom’s tray, told me she had noticed Mom’s teeth and hadn’t disturbed Mom in activities. I turned off the TV. I went to get salt and when I returned, Carl was with Mom preparing fresh flowers for her. We discussed some business and sang some songs. While Carl was with Mom I spoke with Recreation about my upcoming exhibit at OBE and the subject of aging. Carl left then we continued with the meal. Mom was very contrary so we stopped and played patty cake and hand games, then she ate some more. Yvonne came and got Mom’s tray. Mom and I hung up some clean clothes and channel surfed some. Mom wanted to go to bed so I called for help and Nurse Steve came and we started to get Mom to bed. Then C.N.A. Norma came and changed Mom. She put cream on Mom, too. I brushed Mom’s hair and gave her a chocolate. Mom was fidgety and had moments of being argumentative tonight but we parted on good terms. I put the TV back on the Fred A., Ginger R. DVD and left about 6:40 PM.   



No comments:

Post a Comment