Sunday, September 1, 2013

SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 AND SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2013



August 31, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 6:45 PM. I fed the birds, the blinds open. When I got to Mom’s room, Franca was putting her to bed. I turned up the sound on the opera, adjusted her cannula, cleaned her glasses and washed her teeth. We watched the birds and the opera for awhile. Mom seemed happy, engaged and relaxed. I left about 7:20 PM.
September 1, 2013, Sunday. I went to NH about 12:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I found Mom in the hallway outside the lunch room. She greeted me with “Hi Melanie”!!! WOW! She knew my name immediately. I accompanied her to her room. We hung up clean clothes I brought. She did very well. I put on Helen’s Little Mermaid DVD. It is new technology and was difficult to get it to play on Mom simple player but I got it playing. I gave Mom a chocolate and assisted Mom into bed, gave her O2, cleaned her glasses and covered her with a sheet. She was watching the birds and the cartoon with interest. I gave Tina a caramel. Tina needs some pushpins for her bulletin board. Mom too. I watched the DVD with Mom also for a bit. It is not looping so when it is over it will just stop. When I return tonight I can change it to a looping one. Mom does like it. We did some personal care and I left about 1:40 PM.
LATER: I went to NH about 6:50 PM AND THE LITTLE MERMAID was still playing?!?! I fed the birds, blinds half open. The C.N.A. had just put Mom in bed and was leaving. O2 was on but not in place, no glasses and no teeth. Tina said that the film did it by itself....repeated! I telephoned Carl to ask if he had been there, done something. He said No but that he and Charlotte were on their way to visit, bring new flowers. Mom was watching Little Mermaid, entranced. I gave Mom a chocolate and Tina caramel and left about 7 PM.


7:45 PM Carl called me at home to say DVD had finished and ads were running. I suggested change the DVD to a looping one just in case. Mom has been alert and if she gets bored or whatever she might get up in the night and this is the situation when she has had falls. Carl put American in Paris on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment