Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SEPTEMBER 2 & 3, 2013 - EROSION CONTROL!

September 2, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, DVD playing, sound down, no glasses, no teeth and in a nighty with a sweater. I called for help, changed the DVD to little Mermaid, opened the blinds. C.N.A. Erica came and got Mom changed and up. We changed her clothes to some pants and a new shirt from Charlotte, sweater back on. I gave her a lap blanket and her new hat from Brooks. Her hair is still curly and she looks cute, all matching.  With clean glasses and her teeth in, we looked at some old photographs and talked about her family. Mom has fresh flowers from Carl and I saw that he and Charlotte had visited last evening. I gave her some hand cream and she put it in her mouth. I wiped out her mouth and gave her a chocolate and we did some personal care. We went for a walk to the dining room. Mom propelled herself over half way. In the dining room we played the piano a bit on the spinet then I took her to her place and got her a coffee. Then I saw Annie from Rec. and she gave me the birdfeeders from Mr. X. We put them in my car and I left about Noon. Riley came by here and got one of the birdfeeder poles about 2:30 PM, plus sledge hammer, grass seed, compost to try to work on Mom’s birdfeeder and the erosion. He had some environmentally friendly covering and dirt to build up eroded area. 
 LATER: I returned to the NH just before 7PM. I fed the birds, blinds open but there was food in the feeders plus they were changed around, a new pole. They look great! Plus Riley put down the extra dirt, anti-erosion mat and grass seed. I squirted some water on the ridge, the seed. Mom was in bed, no glasses, teeth in. I got her teeth and cleaned them, cleaned her glasses, gave them to her, and gave her a chocolate. I gave Tina a sugarless candy. I changed the DVD to Little Mermaid and watched it a bit then Mom fell asleep and I took her glasses off and left about 7:30 PM.
September 3, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I watered the grass seed and washed the sidewalk down. Mom was asleep on her bed, O2 on, teeth in, glasses on. She awoke when I opened the blinds. I gave her a chocolate and we channel surfed. We did some personal care and Mom said she did Not want to get up. I changed the DVD to the Carmen opera, disk II. I left about 11:30 AM. I returned to the NH about 3:15 PM to see Candy in administration about the confusing mail from Medicaid/Medicare. The two documents from the Midland, TX, office were new to Candy. She had not seen those before and they did not seem to say anything. The third one explained the convoluted way the Medicaid payment to the dentist was going to be made.  I paid the NH. I went to see Mom. C.N.A. Janee was changing Mom and getting her some clean clothes. I helped get Mom up and into her chair then we went to the Great Room where Annie was conducting a game. I got Mom a coffee then left her at the activity about 4 PM.  I returned to NH about 7 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. I washed off the sidewalk, squirted water on the birdbath and watered the grass seed. Mom was in bed, no glasses, no teeth, no O2, sound down on the opera. Mom said that she saw me out the window! I gave Mom a chocolate and sugarless candy to Tina. We watched the birds, channel surfed. I cleaned and gave her glasses to her. We talked about the opera some and Mom nodded off to sleep. I left about 7:30 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment