Saturday, September 7, 2013

NEW HAIRDO, NEW SKIN TEAR AND FEEDING MOM, SEPT. 6 & 7, 2013





September 6, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, watered the grass seed, blinds open. Mom was on her bed, no O2, glasses on, teeth in. Dalmaccio said the beautician, Margaret, had sent for Mom so he came and got Mom into her chair. I noticed a bandage on Mom’s left calf, signed and dated 9/5. We did some personal care, I gave Mom a chocolate then I accompanied Mom to the beauty shop.
I asked Nurse Diane about the skin tear. She did not know about it but the hospice nurse Regina, stopped by and spoke to me and Dr. about it. We discussed Mom’s evening feeding also. I assisted Mom into the chair for Mom’s wash and set then left about 10:30 AM.
LATER: I went to the NH about 5:00 PM. The birdfeeders had feed, blinds open so I watered the grass then went inside. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, cannula out of place, sound down on DVD, glasses on, her hair done. The C.N.A. came in and we got Mom into her chair then we both went to look for a tray for Mom. Tina didn’t have hers either. I returned to Mom and set her up at the table coloring. We channel surfed and watched the birds and the C.N.A. brought Mom her tray. I turned off the TV and Mom ate about half of her supper. It took a lot of cajoling, ketchup and bribery to get her to eat. Mom had fresh flowers and Carl had signed the book as a visitor today. I helped Mom onto her bed, took her teeth out and cleaned them, put her O2 on. Nurse Luz came and checked Mom’s skin tear and put on a new bandage. 

September 7, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 5:30 PM. I fed the birds, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass seed. It looked like the grass is sprouting. Mom was in the dining room. I got a tray for her and we went to her room for supper. I opened the blinds and turned off the TV. With cajoling and bribery, extra salt and pepper, Mom ate about half of the meal. I called for help and the C.N.A. came and we put Mom in bed. I gave Mom and Tina candy, washed Mom’s teeth and left her watching CARMEN, O2 on and glasses on about 7:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment