Thursday, September 19, 2013

VOLUNTEER LUNCHEON, WED., SEPT. 18 & THURS., SEPT. 19, 2013



September 18, 2013, Wednesday. Today was the Volunteers Luncheon. Very Nice. I saw Mom in the big TV room as I left and told I would be back later. Then I saw Carl bringing in fresh flowers as I was walking out with Pat Stebbins. Pat gave me a framed pastel drawing of Mom as a gift. I went back to the NH about 4:50 PM. I added some birdseed, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room. I accompanied her room. She propelled herself 90% of the way. Yvonne brought her tray. With Parmesan added to the spaghetti, she ate some, and over half the creamed corn and very little of the fruit cup. I did not recognize any of the fruit? I think the good fruit went to the luncheon. We did some personal care, watched the birds and channel surfed some. The Nurse came in and spotted the dried blood on Mom’s dress. I thought it was chocolate. We looked and Mom had another skin tear and Tina had a story about Mom trying to get into bed earlier. Nurse dressed Mom’s skin tear then we got Mom to stand, take a step with her walker. She could not remember who was Bonnie’s mom today. I helped her into bed, put on her O2 and left about 6:30 PM.
September 19, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:50 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, washed the sidewalk and watered the new grass. I brought sugarless candy for Tina and 2 of Helen’s cookies for Mom. I opened the blinds then went and found Mom in the dining room. C.N.A. Anabel brought Mom’s tray accompanied by a trainee named Jesse. Mom ate pretty well but I have noticed that she does not like meat. She ate her vegetables and rice (with ketchup) and, of course, her cake well. I also put honey on her bread and she ate some of that. Tina told me that Mom had a banana at Bingo today and she also had some corn chips left. When I asked about Bingo Mom said yes she had played today. That’s pretty good! We watched the birds. Anabel and Jesse came and put Mom to bed, changed her. I turned on the O2, cleaned her glasses and teeth and put the Winged Migration DVD on. I left about 6:45 PM. It was gently raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment