Tuesday, September 17, 2013

MONDAY, SEPT 16 AND TUESDAY, SEPT. 17, 2013



September 16, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, watered the grass and washed off the sidewalk. The Grounds keeper told me that my passenger side brake light is out. I got Mom’s tray from the hallway cart and then went and got Mom from the dining room. I turned off the TV opened the blinds and we watched the birds. Her first few bites were enthusiastic. Then she would take bites but not swallow. With cajoling and bribes I got her to eat about 1/3 of her food. She does not have difficulty swallowing cookies or chocolate. I gave Tina and Mom candy, and cleaned Mom’s teeth. I called for assistance but no one came. I got Mom into bed and changed. I put the opera back on, disc I. I left about 7:15 PM. Mom was lethargic and not responsive to interaction today.
September 17, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. It is looking better. Mom was in the big TV room, no glasses and was delighted to see me. I accompanied her to her room. She propelled herself most of the way. Her tray was in her room. I turned off the TV, opened the blinds, gave her her glasses and fed Mom supper; chicken pot pie, spinach and berry tart for dessert. I put salt, pepper on her food, also soy sauce on the pot pie and honey on the berry tart. She ate some spinach, about half the chicken pot pie and all of the tart. We hung up a few clean clothes I brought, channel surfed, watched the birds then I put on a Fred A. DVD. I left about 7 PM.  I forgot to put her O2 on.

No comments:

Post a Comment