Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SUNDAY, 9/22/13; MON., 9/23/13 AND TUES., 9/24/13 (TIME FLIES)



September 22, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 5 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open and watered the grass. Mom’s tray was in her room and Yvonne brought Mom back from the dining room. Mom looked very nice today, hair, clothes.  Mom ate well about half her food (pizza, macaroni, salad, orange sherbet).  We watched the birds did some personal care, and then Charlotte & CrazyCarl arrived. Carl filled the bird feeders again then they came in and we visited for awhile. I asked Charlotte where did she get those great socks with grip spots on them and Charlotte gave them to me for Mom! We watched the birds. The parrots came, nine (9) of them tonight! Carl filled the feeders again when they left. I gave Mom and Tina some candy, cleaned Mom’s glasses and teeth then assisted Mom to bed. Mom was leaking so I called for help and changed Mom on the bed. Yvonne came and finished up. We channel surfed then I changed the DVD to the Little Mermaid. I left about 7 PM.
September 23, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room. I accompanied her back to her room where Yvonne had just brought her tray. I opened the blinds, got out some condiments and Mom ate well, about half (all the fruit salad, most of the vegetables, some of the spaghetti, 1/3 of the biscuit) I cleaned Mom’s teeth and gave Tina and Mom candy. We channel surfed some then went for a walk to the covered patio. Mom propelled herself about half of the way there and back. We sat and watched the sky, airplanes and shared a bag of Cheetos from the machine. We returned to her room, slowly. I offered Mom ice cream but she didn’t want any. I assisted Mom getting into bed then I changed the DVD to a Fred A. film and left about 7 PM.
September 24, 2013, Tuesday. Hospice R.N. Faith, telephoned about Noon to say everything seems fine with Geraldine. She is subbing for Regina, R.N., who usually emails me re: Mom visits. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. The parrots were screaming at me when I got out of the car! I told Nurse Diane that I would not be there for feeding Thursday evening. Mom’s tray was in her room and Mom was in the dining room.  Mom ate well with a lot of ketchup on the sandwich and a packet of salt and one of pepper on the soup. She had the last of the Amy’s ice cream on the tough brownie from the NH. I got a look at Mr. Thomas who has been inappropriate with Mom and Tina. He is wheelchair bound with only one working arm and what looks like a spinal injury. I told Tina I would bring her a flyswatter for the big horsefly I have seen in their room on occasion. Tina reported that the Hospice nurse looked at the wrong leg on Mom at first. We watched the birds. I saw at least 6 parrots. I brushed Mom’s hair, washed her face. Mom was fidgety tonight so I gave her a hairbrush then a fingernail file. When I gave her the stuffed dog on which I had sewn up some of the split seams, she stroked it vigorously. When I offered to accompany her on a walk she said “No! I’m old and tired.” So I assisted her get into bed. We channel surfed some and watched some TV then Mom chose the DVD to watch (Fred A & Ginger in Barcleys of Hollywood). I cleaned her teeth, gave candy to Mom and Tina then I left about 7 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment