Thursday, September 26, 2013

WED., SEPT. 25 AND THURSDAY, SEPT. 26, 2013



September 25, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 4:45 PM, blinds closed. I fed the birds, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. Mom was in the dining room and her tray was in her room. There was a letter for me from the business office, a survey about quality of care. Mom ate well tonight, but slowly. Ketchup, salt, and pepper on the soups and dipping the cornbread in the soup. Med nurse brought some kind of allergy medicine. I gave Tina the flyswatter.  Tina understands what the flyswatter is for. We channel surfed and watched the birds while she ate the NH cookie. I put clean sacks and scarves in her drawer. Anabel came in with a trainee named Yahoo. She and Anabel got Mom ready and put Mom to bed. I returned the tray to the dining room, cleaned Mom’s teeth and put the DVD back on Fred & Ginger. I gave Mom and Tina candy then left about 7:10 PM.
September 26, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:15 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, watered the grass and washed off the sidewalk. I went in the front door and left the survey form at the front desk then found Mom alone in the dining room, looking out the floor to ceiling window. I accompanied Mom to the Nail Spa activity in the Great Room. Mom chose blue nail polish this time. I did her nails. The church ladies volunteers were not in evidence. We returned to her room. We did some hair brushing and watching the birds and channel surfed. I gave Mom one of Helen’s cookies. She ate it all.  Then we went to the big TV room. I changed the channel to TCM and left Mom there watching Mickey Rooney. I left a note for the beautician to do Mom’s hair tomorrow, Friday, and reminded the Nurse that I would NOT be here tonight to feed Mom. I left about 11:20 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment