Friday, September 13, 2013

ANOTHER FALL, THURS., SEPT. 12 AND FRI., SEPT. 13, 2013



September 12, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:30 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. Mom was under the covers, fully dressed with shoes, O2 on, teeth in, glasses on. I got Mom up, we did some personal care, watched the birds arrive then went to the Great Room for Nail Spa. Mom propelled herself about 2/3 of the way. Mom couldn’t decide on a color so we did her nails in two different colors. We went back to her room and hung up the clean clothes I brought. Mom had difficulty with decision making today. I accompanied her to the dining room for lunch. I got her a coffee then left about 11:40 AM. I spoke to Dr. Quinn, the NH psychologist, about an appointment. He suggested Sunday morning. I can’t come tonight to feed her. I told Nurse Diane and the staff in the dining room that she should eat in the dining room with supervision tonight.
When I got home, from the Red Dot Fund Raiser, about 9 PM there was message on my phone from Nurse Linda. I returned her call and she said that Mom had been served a tray in her room, ate alone, then fell when she tried to get into bed. Nurse Linda says that Mom seems okay.
September 13, 2013, Friday. An email this morning from Regina, Hospice, stating Mom has a bruise on her cheek but Mom spoke to Regina and seemed alert. Sam the Social Worker at RNC called and said she would leave a permission form for psychological counseling for Mom’s family (me) to sign in Mom’s room. I went to the NH about 5:15 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed, washed off the sidewalk and watered the grass. I brought a few clean clothes for Mom. I had a discussion at the Nurses station about leaving Mom in her room alone to eat. If I am not there, she must eat in the dining room with supervision. Anabel sat with Mom and her tray until I arrived. Mom was recalcitrant and refused to eat. She felt clammy to the touch and sweat was running down her neck. The only evidence of her fall that I saw was a pale bruise on her cheek and some bruises on her left leg. Mom told me to “get lost”. I called for assistance and C.N.A. Jenny came and I assisted her putting Mom to bed.  I cleaned Mom’s teeth and glasses and put her O2 on. She tried to take Mom’s stats and got only 84 on her O2. Her BP was 61 over 120. The Nurse came and we tried taking her O2 again. She turned the O2 up to 4 (from 2.5) and was not successful in getting an O2. I asked for a Boost for Mom. Jenny brought the Boost and Mom drank it gladly. Her humor improved after she was in bed and I changed the DVD to Fred and Ginger. I left the permission form in Sam’s office and left about 7 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment