Wednesday, September 11, 2013

TUESDAY, SEPT. 10 & WED., 9/11, 2013



September 10, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 5:20 PM. I discovered I had left birdseed in the other car and it had just sprinkled. Riley had been by earlier a couple of times, feeding the birds and watering the grass. I gave Amy’s Ice cream to Nurse Diane to put in staff fridge and got a cup scooped up and put aside for Mom later, for dessert. I gave Tina three National Geographic magazines. Mom’s tray was in her room but Mom was in the dining room. I accompanied Mom back to her room. The Tabasco Sauce and ketchup added to her tamales and beans was appreciated and Mom ate almost all of her supper. Then she ate a cookie and her cup of ice cream. We watched the birds and I put the TV on the Little Mermaid DVD. I called for help and C.N.A. Anabel came and got Mom into bed. I cleaned her teeth, her glasses and brushed her hair. Mom face is very dry and Anabel said that her skin needs to cream so we did that. I gave Mom and Tina candy then left about 7:15.
September 11, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3:25 PM. There was birdseed but I put a little more, watered the grass and washed off the sidewalk.  Mom was in the Great Room and Pat wasn’t there. There were watercolors and Tina had started a lovely one. Pat arrived. She had gone to Hobby Lobby for supplies. I got Mom started on a watercolor and took some photos of Mom for Pat. I left Mom in the activity about 3:50 PM and came home and made a disk for Pat. I will leave the CD with the Recreation office for Pat. She is doing a painting of Mom. I went back to the NH about 5:15 PM. Mom was in the dining room and her tray was in her room. I gave the CD of photographs to Donna to give to Pat. I accompanied Mom back to her room. She propelled herself about ¾ of the way. After I turned off the TV I fed Mom. She wouldn’t use the utensils herself, tonight. I put too much Tabasco sauce in the soup, made Mom’s nose run then she wouldn’t eat much of it. The potatoes in the potato salad were underdone and there was a roast beef sandwich. Mom never did like roast beef very much plus she was in a contrary mood. With a lot of ketchup, mustard and salt she ate about 1/3 of her meal. Then I got a cup of ice cream from the Nurse refrigerator. Mom also refused the ice cream but eventually ate it, then I gave Mom and Tina candy. We watched the birds. I cleaned up. Then Anabel came and I assisted her putting Mom to bed. I told Anabel that I thought Mom felt warm. She took Mom's temp and it was 98.5. I cleaned her teeth, glasses, put cream on her face and brushed her hair. I gathered up dirty clothes and left about 7:15 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment