Wednesday, August 14, 2013

TUESDAY, AUGUST 13 & WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2013




August 13, 2013, Tuesday. Today is the Facility’s birthday party for August Birthdays! (Mom) I went to NH about 10:25. I fed the birds, the vertical feeder was almost full, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, teeth in, all dressed with a plastic glove on her right hand (?). I saw that Riley visited about 8 PM last night. I got Mom up and into her w/c. We watched the birds, cleaned her glasses then we went to the beauty parlor for wash and set. I left about 10:35 AM.
LATER: I went back to the NH about 3:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was already in the Great room. I got her some beads and fluffed up her hair.  Riley came in one of Mom’s handpainted T-Shirts. It was a fine party with 20 August birthdays to celebrate! There was cake and entertainment and special treatment for the birthday people and their families. Carl and Charlotte were arriving just as I left about 3:50 PM.
August 14, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, her teeth in her hands and the cannula from the O2 machine out of place, DVD, not working and sound down. I opened the blinds, jiggled the wire on the DVD and turned the sound up. Mom awoke and watched the birds and channel surfed. I cleaned her teeth & glasses. Mom didn’t want to get up. She ate half of the banana that Carl left for her yesterday and the flowers were freshened up with new flowers from Carl. I put the O2 on Mom, turned up the sound on the DVD (singing in the Rain) and raised Mom’s bed some. I gathered the dirty clothes and brought them home. I left about 11:30 AM.
LATER: I went to the NH about 7 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. The C.N.A. was putting Mom to bed when I came in. He left and Mom and I did some personal care and I gave her a chocolate and Tina a caramel. Tina told me that the Hospice nurse visited and signed the book. I said that she was supposed to sign so I would know about her visits. We watched the birds and channel surfed. Mom was restless and took her cannula off twice and threw it down. I adjusted it and she had it on when I left. I got her teeth and glasses, cleaned them then went back to Singing in the Rain. We held hands today and did some leg lifts. Mom said she had not seen this movie today so I left that on. I gave her one a small stuffed animal and she took it today, caressed it. I left about 7:40 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment