Monday, August 26, 2013

SATURDAY, AUGUST 24-MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2013



August 24, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 10:45 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on but the cannula not on her, glasses on, teeth in. I helped Mom get up, I gave her a chocolate and we did some personal care. I was getting hangers from her closet to hang up her clean clothes when a lady called out “Laundry!”, came in and put one of Mom’s dresses in her closet, her best one!?! That was enlightening. Mom and I hung up her clean clothes that I had brought. Mom got the hang of it before we finished (sic). Tina spotted Riley coming. He put some more seed in the feeder then came in the long way around, signing in at the front which I don’t do often. We chatted then Riley left. As I accompanied Mom to the dining room, we saw Tara and I gave her some magazines. I gave Mom one of her packets of chips from her Bingo winnings.  She propelled herself 9/10 of the way. I left about 11:45 AM.
 LATER: I returned to the NH about 8 PM. I went in the front door and signed in for a change. Mom was asleep on her bed, cannula out of place but O2 on, blinds half open. Mom awoke when I came in. I noted in her sign in book that Carl and Riley had visited her today, also. I changed the DVD to Carmen, the opera. I got Mom’s teeth and gave her a chocolate and Tina a caramel. I cleaned Mom’s teeth, brushed her hair and we channel surfed a little and I put the cannula back in place. I left about 8:30 PM.
August 25, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was nodding out in her w/c in the big TV room. We went to her room opened the blinds and watched the birds. I changed the DVD and we channel surfed. I gave Mom a chocolate and Tina a caramel. I brushed her hair, cleaned her hands, gave her some hand cream and we colored. Mom had difficulty with this task and with basic decision making today. I accompanied Mom to the dining room for lunch. She propelled herself most of the way. I left about Noon.
August 26, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 7:10 PM, fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom had just gone to bed, no glasses, teeth in, O2 on. The TV was stuck. TCM was not working. Several channels were frozen, or flickering. I changed to a new DVD, Winged Migration plus opened the blinds and Mom watched the birds. We hung up a few clean clothes I brought. I cleaned her glasses and her teeth. I gave Mom a chocolate, and Tina a caramel. I left about 7:40 PM. The TV was stuck in the big TV room and Tammy, a resident asked me to change the channel. I found a movie that they said was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment