Friday, August 23, 2013

THURSDAY, AUGUST 22 & FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2013



August 22, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 3 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom was in the Great Room waiting for Bingo! I got her a scarf and cleaned her glasses. We played a couple of games. Mom got 2 Bingos, I got one and Emma (a resident at our table) got two, also. They were still playing when I left at 4 PM. I gifted the Nurses, Diane and her assistant ATCs.
LATER: I returned to the NH about 7 PM. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom was in the big TV room. She didn’t want to go anywhere, she said, but we went to her room and watched the birds. I channel surfed then changed the DVD. I put Mom’s 2 bags of chips and some Oreos from the Bingo this afternoon in the bottom drawer. She ate an Oreo. C.N.A. Franca was speaking in a beautiful Nigerian dialect to another nurse. Then she came and got Mom changed and into bed, put her O2 on. I cleaned Mom’s teeth. Tina told me about a visitor Mom had while Mom was napping, today or yesterday.  Mom fell asleep and I left about 7:45 PM.
August 23, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 2:40 PM and there was no place to park! There were trainees, or classes, from UT all over the place. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was awake on her bed, glasses on, teeth in, sound down on DVD and she had taken the O2 cannula off. I put it back on her, cleaned her hands, gave her a chocolate and changed the channel to PBS. She said she did not want to get up. I cleaned her glasses, she watched the birds and the TV while I sketched her. She looked very nice today. Then I wiped her face, brushed her hair, helped her into her w/c and accompanied her to the Great Room. She propelled herself ¾ of the way. They were preparing for a Black & White Cow (Root Beer Float) celebration with accompanying music. The entertainer, Tennessee Jeanne, handed out mariachis. Mom got one much to her delight. Annie came by, we talked about birdseed prices, and I gave her an ATC and then left before they really got started about 3:30PM.
LATER: I went back to the NH about 8:30 PM. I put birdseed in the feeders, blinds open. Mom was asleep on her bed but when I came in she woke up. I gave her a chocolate, put her O2 on and got her teeth and cleaned them. I sat with her until she went to sleep again then left about 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment