Friday, August 2, 2013

THURSDAY, AUGUST 1 AND FRIDAY, AUGUST 2, 2013



August 1, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:40. I fed the birds, blinds half open. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on but canola on the ground, DVD playing, sound down. She said she wanted to get up. I helped her get up. We did some personal care, watched the birds and channel surfed. She identified Cape Fear as a famous movie she had seen before. We went for a walk then went to the piano and fooled around. Despite protestations Mom was pretty good at doing some little scales and arpeggio exercises. Both hands. We talked about her teeth. Dalmacio told me that he saw Mom throw her teeth, lowers, into the trash and he retrieved them. I got her some coffee from dining room II then left her at her place for lunch about 11:40 AM.
Carl wrote an email reporting visit to Mom about 2 PM. She refused a banana and tried to follow him out a door thus setting off alarms. I also got a note from Hospice Nurse Regina that she visited Geraldine yesterday.
August 2, 2013, Friday. My new plan is to go at eventide, tuck Mom in at night as much as I can. I went to the NH at about 7 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the big TV room with a few other residents. Her teeth container is missing from her glasses lanyard. I couldn’t find it in her room either although I did find the other two without the hole punched in it. I took her teeth and cleaned them. I put them in a container with cleanser, in the middle drawer of the bedside table. I called for help and got Mom one of her own nightgowns. I started putting it on her when the C.N.A. came. This C.N.A., a large woman with gold in her teeth, had high expectations of Mom, having her stand while she changed her.  It was difficult for Mom even with my assistance. I gave Tina and Mom a candy. Tina went for a bath. I brushed Mom’s hair. We watched the birds and 6 parrots came. We channel surfed and looked at some photographs. I left the TV on Singing in the Rain about 8 PM. I forgot to put her O2 on.

I called the Unit about 9 PM and asked them to please put  O2 on Mom and they said they did while I waited on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment