Sunday, August 11, 2013

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10 & SUNDAY, AUGUST 11, 2013



August 10, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 10:40 AM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was in the Great Room with puzzles. We worked one with Farm animals and Tara got Mom a coffee. We returned to her room and hung up the clean clothes I brought. Mom was cheery but had difficulty with problem solving today. I gave Mom a couple of cookies and we channel surfed. We went into the big TV room and watched MSNBC on the big screen and Mom was reading the large headlines along the bottom of the screen. President Obama was speaking and Mom said she knew who he was. I left Mom in the TV room about 11:45 AM.
LATER: I returned to the NH about 7 PM. I fed the birds but the vertical feeder was full, blinds open. Mom was on her bed, teeth out but not washed, glasses off, O2 machine on and making a racket. Louder than usual. Carl visited today. I cleaned her teeth, we watched the birds and channel surfed. I gave Tina a caramel and Mom some chocolates. Tina said Mom did not eat tonight and talked about the O2 machine.??? I told the nurse that the O2 machine was too loud and she came and checked on it and the cannula was not hooked into the water vapor but Nurse did not notice the loudness as being different than usual. Yvonne said she thought the machine was a different machine? I sat with Mom awhile and the noise gave me a headache so I turned it off. I left about 7:30 and went and talked to the Nurse. She said she found a different machine and would have an O2 stat on Mom.
August 11, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 11AM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was asleep on her bed, teeth in, O2 on, glasses on, sound down on the DVD. I turned the sound up then rearranged the flowers and knick-knacks in the room. Mom awoke and I gave her a cookie and cleaned her glasses. The O2 machine was not as loud today. She watched the birds and the DVD and insisted she did not want to get up. She seemed very content. I left about 11:15 AM.
LATER: I returned about 7 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Someone had put cornbread in the flat feeder. Mom was lying on her bed, fully clothed except she had taken her diaper off. I opened the blinds, called for help and started to clean up Mom and change her to a nightgown. She had a BM. I got her wiped and into a new diaper when Yvonne came. We got Mom squared away and Yvonne left. I gave Mom a cookie, a caramel to Tina, we channel surfed and we did some personal care. I clipped Mom’s toenails, took her teeth out and put them in cleanser. Her toes were very sensitive. We watched the birds (6 parrots, tonight) and channel surfed. I put the TV back on the DVD and left about 7:50 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment