Friday, August 16, 2013

THURSDAY, AUGUST 15 & FRIDAY, AUGUST 16, 2013



August 15, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the Great Room at a game of balloon Volleyball. Staff said that she did well. I accompanied her back to her room. We watched the birds and channel surfed. I gave Tina a caramel and Mom a chocolate, cleaned her hands, put some conditioner on her hair, brushed it, found her hat, wiped her face. Mom and I went for a walk to the covered patio and looked at the plants and the sky. Then I accompanied her to her dining room for lunch. I spoke to recreation staff about Mom’s party on Sunday then left about Noon.
LATER: I returned to the NH about 8:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was asleep in bed, O2 on, glasses off, sound down on DVD and teeth in. I got Mom’s teeth, cleaned them and put them by her bedside, closed the blinds and turned up the sound on the DVD. I left about 8:30 PM.
August 16, 2013, Friday.  At 10:35 this morning the blinds were partially open. I fed the birds then found Mom on her bed, watching TV with no sound. I got her up, gave her a chocolate and took her to the beauty parlor but they were swamped. The beautician said “after lunch” and that a permanent would take 1 ½ hours. Annie from Recreation gave Mom a name tag with her Hawaiian name, Kalelahina. This afternoon there will be a Hawaiian party with hula dancers. We went to the Great Room but we had missed the morning show. In the big TV room I figured out how to change the channels but there was no local news (channel 8) so then we went to the spinet and played the piano some. We looked at the birthday card from Brooks (again). I left Mom at her place with a cup of coffee about 11:45.
LATER: I returned to the NH about 7:30 PM. I put water in the birdbath and birdseed in the vertical feeder, some on the ground. Mom was sleeping, blinds open, DVD playing, teeth out, glasses off. I started hanging up clean clothes when Mom awoke and said “Oh! Look at all the birds!” I raised her bed, cleaned her glasses and we watched the birds and hung up the clothes. Mom did some problem solving and noted her environment. We looked a Brooks’s card (again) and looked at a photo of Brooks, Helen and Adam. She recognized Brooks. Tina said that Mom did not go to the party this afternoon. She did not get her hair done today. I left Mom in bed about 8 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment