Monday, August 19, 2013

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17 - MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2013





August 17, 2013, Saturday. I went to the NH about 11:30 AM. The blinds were partially open when I fed the birds. Mom was in the big TV room. I accompanied her back to her room and we watched the birds and channel surfed. I turned up the sound, gave Mom a chocolate, cleaned her glasses, brushed her hair, wiped her face. Mom wanted to “go” so we went for a walk to the covered patio. She propelled herself most of the way. It was very warm but Mom liked it. We sat awhile and I sketched her hands. Then the lunch bell sang out and we went to the dining room. I got Mom a coffee and left her at her lunch place as the C.N.A. was giving her a Boost, vanilla. I left about 12 Noon.

LATER: Tonight the NH seemed short staffed. When I left at 7:45 there were still 5 or 6 residents in the big TV room waiting to go to bed. I arrived about 7 PM and Riley was in the parking lot. He fed the birds and I went in. Mom was in her w/c watching TV with the sound turned down. Tina was in bed. I gave Tina a caramel and Mom a chocolate. Riley came in and visited with Mom, noticing that Carl had visited, brought flowers. We talked about the party tomorrow and we watched the birds. Mom’s pillow had no pillowcase. The cart on her wing had no pillowcases but I found some on the other wing of Unit 2.   I cleaned Mom’s glasses and teeth and called for assistance to put Mom to bed after Riley left. No one came but Mom and I managed to get her changed and into bed. We channel surfed, watched the birds then I put the TV back on the DVD, sound up. I left about 7:45 PM.
August 18, 2013, Sunday. I arrived at NH with Bill assisting to carry all in for the birthday party. Bill put water in birdbath and I fed the birds. We found Mom in her w/c in the big TV room. We accompanied Mom to the dining room. She propelled herself most of the way. Bill started setting up while I got Mom a hat, beads, sweater and glasses cleaner. Mom started opening her gifts then Riley came with more gifts, a blanket. Then Terri, Carl and Charlotte arrived. We had cake and ice cream and Riley played wonderfully! And Mom opened more gifts; new hat, socks, blanket, paper bound together, crayons, bubbles, flowers, DVD. Then Kim arrived with hoops just as Carl and Charlotte were leaving and we were packing up. Riley played, Kim danced with hoops, Terri and I clapped along. I hooped a little. Bill helped pack up and we left Mom in the dining room with Kim about 4:55 PM.  Mom started out having difficulty problem solving today but smiled a lot. She improved in attentiveness as the party progressed.
LATER: I returned to the NH about 7:10 PM. I fed the birds, blinds open. Mom was asleep in bed, O2 on, glasses off, teeth in, sound down on DVD. Mom woke up and took her teeth out then I cleaned them and left them in cleanser. I gave Mom a regular caramel and a sugarless one to Tina. We watched the birds. We channel surfed then I changed the DVD to Easter Parade. I left about 7:30 PM.
August 19, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. I left some chocolate cupcakes at the nurses station for Mom’s birthday. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, no teeth. I got her up and we got her teeth in. We looked at some of her gifts again, she ate a chocolate, watched the birds then we headed for the Great Room activity today. I sketched Gwen today then helped Mom play the spelling/word game with the other residents. We returned to her room. When Nurse informed me that we couldn’t leave the bubbles in Mom’s room for future use, I discovered the lock was missing from the overnight bag in Mom’s closet. I gathered up dirty clothes then accompanied Mom to dining room for lunch. I got Mom a coffee then left about 11:50 AM.
LATER: I went to the NH about 7:15. The birdfeeder was full, blinds open. Tina said Riley had been there. He put the O2 on Mom and Mom was sitting in her W/c watching DVD sound up. I brushed her hair, cleaned her hands. There was a card from Quembe, which we read and talked about. I gave Mom a chocolate, Tina a caramel and a C.N.A. came and we got Mom into bed and changed. I took out Mom’s teeth and cleaned them. We channel surfed a little then Mom dozed off. I left about 7:40 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment