Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MONDAY AUGUST 5 - WED., AUGUST 7, 2013



August 5, 2013, Monday. I went to the NH about 10 AM, fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed with O2 on but the canola was out of place, not in her nostrils. No teeth in place. I washed her teeth, glasses, opened the blinds. I helped Mom into her w/c and we channel surfed then watched the birds some then headed for the Great Room. C.N.A. Anabel told me that Mom ate breakfast well and didn’t need her teeth for scrambled eggs and oatmeal. Mom joined the activity (exercise and trivia). I sketched Robert in his hat and Betty. After the activity, we returned to Mom’s room and I got her dirty clothes. Then I accompanied Mom to the large TV room and left about 11:20 AM. Mom was alert today. As I was leaving the physical plant manager and I spoke about parking and also about the erosion at the base of the birdfeeder, which is a concern. LATER: I returned about 7:15 PM. I added a bit of birdseed to the feeders, blinds closed. Mom was sitting in her w/c in her room watching TV. I offered some chips and she ate some then we put the rest in her drawer. We did some personal care and watched the birds then I took out her teeth and washed them and started getting her ready for bed. I called for help and C.N.A. Yvonne came promptly. Mom loves Yvonne. We got Mom into bed then Mom & I channel surfed some then put it back on Fred A. DVD. I gave Mom and Tina (sugarless for T.) candy. I added water to the O2 machine then left about 7:50 PM.
August 6, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 11:15 AM. No place to park! I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the Great Room as an activity was finishing up. I accompanied her back to her room and we watched the birds and hung up the clean clothes I brought. The Hospice nurse came by. Mom & I did some personal care, ate some chips and a chocolate. Mom was alert and friendly today. She told me she had not seen “this movie” before. Fred A. movie has been on for two days. I accompanied her to the dining room for lunch and I left about 12:10 PM.
August 7, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 11:15 AM. There was difficulty parking. I think Hospice is running some kind of classes? I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in her room trying to fold up her covers, no teeth, O2 on but canola out of place. I found her teeth in the drawer, damp, washed them and gave them to her. I started to get her up but she was very wet. C.N.A. Florence came to my call and tried to change Mom standing but Mom leaks constantly if standing, so we got her on the bed, then changed with clean socks, clean dress, a clean sweater. Florence said that Mom took her teeth out after breakfast. We did some personal care, watched the birds, channel surfed and I changed the DVD. Mom ate some of her Bingo prize chips. I accompanied Mom to dining room for lunch. I left about 12:10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment