Monday, July 15, 2013

WEDNESDAY, JULY 10 - SUNDAY, JULY 14, 2013



July 10, 2013. Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3:20 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was in the Great room at the Arts & crafts activity. Mom and I worked together and decorated a sun visor with Mom’s name (“Jerry”) and some jewels & self stick doodads. We went to the big windows, watched the birds, and ate the banana I had brought while the glue dried. We saw Carl arrive with fresh flowers. Mom & I returned to her room and visited with Carl. Mom really enjoyed making the Visor today and it looked good on her.  I changed the DVD, we hung up some clothes, did some personal care and I gathered up her dirty clothes to take home. Mom was somewhat lethargic today. I accompanied Mom back to the great room where singing was in progress. I left with the dirty clothes about 4:45 PM.
July 11, 2013, Thursday. I went to the NH about 10:35 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses off, DVD on, sound down. I got Mom up. We did personal care, watched the birds and I accompanied her to Nail Spa. She chose a bright pink shade. The volunteers did most of the work with a young girl named Charisma painted Mom’s nails. Then Mom and I went for a walk around the facility. We stopped at the spinet in dining room I and Mom and I played scales. Mom was awkward and could not be persuaded to play arpeggios. I got a piece of sheet music from the piano stool and Mom seemed to be able to read the music somewhat. Mom does not readily use both hands for tasks. I say “Use both hands” and she responds sometimes. We watched traffic out the front windows then I accompanied her to her place in the dining hall and got her a cranberry juice drink. I left about 11:50 PM.
July 12, 2013, Friday. I went to the NH about 3:30 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom’s glasses were in her room although she was in the Great Room. I took her glasses, glasses cleanser, and a banana to Mom in the Great Room. Recorded music was playing and volunteers and recreation were serving ice cream bars, cookies, cheese crackers and sodas. Mom ate about half the banana and all of the goodies. We returned to Mom’s room about 4:20, watched the birds, channel surfed. We did some personal care. C.N.A. Anabel brought Mom her meds. I accompanied Mom on a short walk then to the dining room. She propelled herself about half the time and was lethargic today. I left about 5:10 PM.
July 13, 2013, Saturday.  I went to the NH about 11 AM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was asleep on her bed, O2 on, DVD on, sound up, glasses off. Mom awoke when I opened the blinds and pointed at the birds and told me they were from Dallas (?).  I got Mom into her w/c. we did some personal care and she ate about ½ of a banana left by Carl. Mom had on the same clothes as she did yesterday. We channel surfed and watched the birds then worked on adding cloves to a lime for a pleasant odor. This is an expansion of a previous Rec. Dept. activity. Mom did pretty well by the time we quit. I accompanied Mom to the dining room for lunch and left about noon.
July 14, 2013, Sunday.  (Carl’s Birthday) I arrived about 3:30 PM with birdseed for the feeder and a few clean dresses for Mom. Mom was in the TV room with some other residents. I greeted her and she was happy to see me. We went to her room, watched the birds, did some personal care, channel surfed and hung up the clothes. Mom was a little anxious and did well hanging up the dresses. She told me that she was worried about her kids who she had left in NY. I went through a few of the kids (Carl, Riley, Brooks, Lu) and told her where they lived now with spouses and houses. She was glad to hear of Helen’s marriage….and Riley’s, Carl’s and Brooks’s homes and weddings. I trimmed her fingernails and she clipped a couple of mine. We went to the dining room and got the last half of the church service, prayed and sang. Mom enjoyed that and told me about going to church in Weatherford and in NY, too. We went around the facility a bit then I took her back to the TV room, brakes on. I left her there about 5 PM. Nurse Audra told me that Mom got another skin tear on her R leg. I had noted a rather large bandage where there had been a small one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment