Wednesday, July 3, 2013

TUESDAY, JULY 2 AND WEDNESDAY, JULY 3, 2013



July 2, 2013, Tuesday. I went to the NH about 10 AM. I fed the birds, blinds open. I signed Mom out at the nurse station then went to her room. Mom was resting on her bed, glasses on, no O2, DVD on, sound down. A C.N.A. came and changed Mom and we got her into the wheelchair I brought for traveling. Mom & I did some personal care then went to the car. On the way out I spoke to Donna from Rec. about the portrait sketches. It’s in the newsletter to contact Rec. for their residents. Mom & I went for a ride, slowly through the neighborhoods. It is Large Trash Pick-up week and I found a “new” hose to replace my leaky one. We got a soft drink at a convenience store and Mom waited in the car while I got some coffee at Fresh Plus. While Mom enjoyed the ride on this pleasant morning she was not very responsive to the environment even when we saw a train. I mentioned this to Nurse Diane and Dr. Maxwell when we returned to the NH.  I took Mom to her room for a chocolate and to change wheelchairs. I accompanied Mom to dining room for lunch. I left the NH with the wheelchair about noon.
July 3, 2013, Wednesday. I went to the NH about 3:40 PM. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was resting on her bed, O2 on, glasses on, DVD played, sound down, under covers. I noticed beautiful new flowers from Carl and his note that he visited yesterday afternoon. I got Mom up and into her w/c. We watched the birds, channel surfed and did some personal care. I accompanied Mom to the Great Room (dining room II) for the art program and arts and crafts. Mom painted a watercolor with assistance from me. Then we went to the crafts table and she twisted two red, white & blue bracelets for patriotic festivities tomorrow. Mom was lethargic, mentally & physically. I accompanied her back to her room and assisted her back to bed and put the O2 on. I turned up the DVD. We watched the birds. I left about 3:40 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment