Sunday, July 28, 2013

SATURDAY, JULY 27 & SUNDAY, JULY 28, 2013



July 27, 2013, Saturday. Carl called about 2:30 PM and asked how to set the TV. He left it on PBS. It was on a war movie when he arrived. I suspect the TV got messed up in a power outage during last night’s big storm. He also said Mom kept trying to spit and that he filled the birdfeeder twice!. Good Man! I went to the NH about 3:40 PM. Mom was at the music performance, Jon Emery, guitar and singing. Mom & I clapped and waved our hands. Mom kept complaining of fatigue and put her head on the table. We returned to her room and opened the early gift(s) from Bonnie. Magnificent! It was Three wheat straw weavings with beads and decorations brooches with magnets. She also sent a lovely card. I wish I had a camera. Tomorrow! I put her O2 on, brakes on, and changed the channel to DVD, Top Hat. Mom fell asleep in her chair. C.N.A. came and took her vitals and her O2 was low, 89%. I left about 4:50 PM.
July 28, 2013, Sunday. I went to the NH about 2:45 PM with clean clothes. I fed the birds, blinds closed. Mom was sleeping, O2 on, no glasses, sound up on the DVD. I opened the blinds and awoke Mom slowly. I started to get her up but she needed changing. I called for help and a C.N.A. came and I assisted her in changing Mom. Mom had a BM. Mom & I did some personal care and watched the birds. We saw 5 parrots today, maybe six. We hung up the clothes I brought. Mom was pretty good at that today and enjoyed it. I gave her a baby banana and we opened the gift from Bonnie (again). I had my camera today. She tried to eat one of the brooches but then we looked at them and she chose one to wear. Tara came to invite us to Baptist sing-a-long so we went to that. Mom pushed herself some but seemed very weak today. Mom was turning and folding the pages of the song book neatly and obsessively so I gave her a fingernail file which she used vigorously on all her nails. I got Mom a coffee then left with her dirty clothes about 3:45 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment