Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TUESDAY, JULY 16, 2013 EMERGENCY AND SUNDAY, JULY 15



July 16, 2013, Tuesday. (EMERGENCY) Nurse Diane telephoned about 9:15 AM. She said that I needed to come “right now”. I got to the NH about 9:30 AM. I fed the birds and went inside. When I got to Mom’s room, Hospice nurse, Regina, was with Mom. She reported that they couldn’t get BP nor O2 on Mom, that she was not swallowing her spittle or anything else and that she had ‘thrown-up”. Nurse had turned O2 up to “4”. I opened the blinds, talked to Mom. We looked at the birds and played patty-cake. We talked about her siblings, parents and her kids. I gave her some water which she drank, sitting-up. Her color improved and Regina got a BP of 140 over 90, or something like that. I turned up the sound on Singing in the Rain. Mom said she had not seen this film. I went out and fed the birds again. Mom dozed off, seeming much better. Nurse Regina said that Dr. Maxwell was on the premises and would see Mom later. We talked about a medication for absorbing liquids. I agreed better to have it on hand and not use it if not needed. I left about 9:55 AM.  



July 15, 2013, Monday. It was just sprinkling when I put the birdseed in the feeder about 9:45 AM. I opened the blinds in Mom’s room and she woke up glad to see me.O2 and glasses were tangled when I took her glasses to clean. I turned off her O2 when I got her up into her chair. She watched the birds while we did some personal care then she had a chocolate on the way to the Great Room. The rain came down hard while she drank her coffee and I drew a sketch of Judy. She was sleeping in her chair during the scrabble activity so I took Mom back to her room and turned up the sound on Singing in the rain. I left her in bed with O2 and went to the TV room where I sketched Elizabeth. I said good-bye to Annie in Rec. when I left about 11:20 AM. I also talked with Luz about Mom’s skin tear which is on/near Mom’s previous skin tear on R leg.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment